Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
Flow-Pur/Watts water filter

Finally got under the kitchen sink of my 5er to investigate the water leak the wife has been complaining about the last couple of times we've been out. The leak is nothing I can't handled, but noticed we have a water filter under the sink with a 10" cartridge I'm sure need replacing by now. By the looks of how the water line are installed, it appears to me that this filter is factory installed. The water lines to this filter run towards the front of the trailer where the water tank is located. The water lines connected to my kitchen sink come from the rear of the trailer where the water heater is located. My question is, does this filter all the water running out of all the faucets to include shower & toilet, or does it only filter water coming from the kitchen sink? Does is filter reguardless if I'm connect to a water source or using the holding tank? I normally buy bottle water to use for drinking and cooking, would this filter eliminate that need? If your familiar with these water filters, please share, as I know little about them. Thanks

RVluvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Send a message via ICQ to AVE8R Send a message via AIM to AVE8R Send a message via MSN to AVE8R Send a message via Yahoo to AVE8R Send a message via Skype™ to AVE8R
I'm running a system I put together that has three water filters in a row. I use it both when I fill my fresh tank, and when we're hooked to a water hook-up. In the first filter, I'm using a 10 micron to filter out the big chunks, and then two five micron filters. The five micron filters are pure white when new. I am absolutely amazed at how dark brown these filters are after just a couple of weeks. The fresh water at many campgrounds is well water, so I suspect most of the dark brown contamination is rust and other minerals. But, you would only need to see the used filters once to know you wouldn't want to drink any water that isn't filtered. Here is the system I have - three of them strung together - Culligan RVF-10 recreational vehicle water filter and Culligan RVF10 RV filter - The first holder I use the 10 micron filters are here: https://www.waterfilters.net/Culliga...er-Filter.html - The 5 micron filters are here: https://www.waterfilters.net/Pentek-...er-Filter.html

Hope that helps

AVE8R is offline   Reply With Quote