Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Looking at a 5er, rock wood signature, ultra lite 5th wheel. Has anyone had or heard about these?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New, Used, What year, what model ???

New and Used Forest River Rockwood Ultra Lite Fifth Wheel For Sale On RV Trader

Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite Fifth Wheel by Forest River

Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite Fifth Wheels by Forest River
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll answer your questions, NEW. Model 8285ws. Does that help?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgiebill View Post
Looking at a 5er, rock wood signature, ultra lite 5th wheel. Has anyone had or heard about these?
We have a 2014 Rockwood Signature ultralite 8289WS and really like it. Took delivery on it 12/30/13, have close to 3000 miles towing it and 48 days / nights camping in 5 states in the deep south. Opposing slides in the living area really open things up. We pull it with our 2008 Tundra 5.7, easy tow and avg 11.5 mpg @ 60 mph.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Presley01, how does your dump hose work? On the 8285ws there are 3 different valves on drivers side, there are 2 up front one black and one gray, ( kitchen) then one more under the slide for Gary bathroom. How is yours? We just bought a 2001 big block gmc, hd 4x4. We r looking? Oh well have a good dat, bill
Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgiebill View Post
Presley01, how does your dump hose work? On the 8285ws there are 3 different valves on drivers side, there are 2 up front one black and one gray, ( kitchen) then one more under the slide for Gary bathroom. How is yours? We just bought a 2001 big block gmc, hd 4x4. We r looking? Oh well have a good dat, bill
On our 8289 there are three dump valves, one valve dumps the black, one dumps the gray from the shower and lavatory and both dump out of the same slinky hose. The third valve dumps the galley tank and has its own slinky connection. The galley tank valve is just a bit under the slide and can be reached without having to get under the slide. All valve handles are within arms reach. For now I have two short slinky hoses that connect to a "Y" connection and a long slinky that connects to the dump station. Soon to mod both outlets into one and eliminate the need for the "Y" connection. Congrats on the new truck and good luck on the hunt for an RV, Joe
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote