Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #15
KZ RV Club
Front Living Room

We love our KZ 2016 Durango Gold front living room. Ours is not nose heavy and tows beautifully with our 2015 Silverado 2500. We are not overweight and the difference between the rear living room and front living room hitch weight is minimal, at least in what we are familiar with. As someone else stated it gives you a bathroom/shower area with very tall ceilings which would be great if you are tall. We don't happen to be but I can see how beneficial that could be. It is true that the underbelly storage is slightly smaller but certainly manageable. We carry a lot of things that my husband won't leave home without such as generator, air compressor, etc and it all fits. There is also storage under the back of the bed which is accessible from the outside as well as the inside storage under the bed which I'm sure most all rvs have. In any case, we really like our FLR but what works for one may not work for someone else. Everyone needs to figure out for themselves what is best for them. It is true that with the living room up front one might be climbing steps more often. However, the bathroom is on the main floor so it might just be a trade-off.

Deon-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2016, 08:14 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Mid Atlantic Campers
Canyon Trail 36FLRB - awesome!

RKamperRV...(Rick)...Millersville, PA
2006 Crossroads Cruiser CF32BL | 2012 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually
Been to all 48 lower continental states once! Starting over...
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:21 PM   #17
Thank you all for your advice and words. Very much appreciated! I can already tell this will be a learning experience.
In answer to a point brought up ..... no health issues at this point going up/down 3 stairs, but a very good concern in (hopefully) distant future.
tooright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:27 PM   #18
One thing I like about the front living room is the bath on the lower level has a lot more height in the shower. That way, my head wouldn't be up in the bubble.

I'd also like the greater headroom in the bedroom for getting dressed.

It also puts the bedroom at rear of the campsite, which can be a blessing or curse.
cwsqbm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #19
Jayco Owners Club
57 and DW is 55 (please don't tell her i said that).
The 3 steps don't interfere with our use. The 102" width, tall bath and bedroom, and ample interior storage was a huge plus for us.
If health such as hips, knees etc are a problem, a travel trailer or motorhome should be on the short list as less steps overall.
Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually 6X6, RAM Puck w/ Demco Hijacker 21K Autoslide, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4.10's, Loaded.
Wagon: 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Ride, 572 watts Solar.
Drifter59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 PM   #20
Looking at Grand Design as well as the Winnebago ...... comments as to what to look at, ie. axles, structure, insulation, electrical, on and on it seems. So far, like em both.
tooright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 PM   #21
I liked the front living room setup at first until I saw the smaller basement and the lack of a large rear window to look out that most rear living rooms have.

918jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote