Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
Found it!!

Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to not get down after losing my first RV purchase due to a snowstorm...
You were right!!

Found one 8 years newer with one slide and bunks...AND four season fully insulated to boot even has a 2000 inverter already,, things I never thought I could find at what I could afford in the small time frame I have....
Guess what... God does listen to our prayers!! (maybe He just wants to go RVing!

Now I won't be able to get this until some of the highways clear (snow you know)

however it is a Vanguard Wrangler 25' I shall try to post a photo here,
Anyone out there have such a unit? (made by Security in Saskatchewan Canada)

Here it is, (I hope)
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Have a great time with your purchase. Good things come to those that wait or in some cases, are forced to wait
Happy Camping.......

1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Looks like it was meant to be. Nice rig!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
Thank you for your kind comments, I am very excited and cannot wait
I know it is an older (1997) unit but the price was soooo right, if it is 1/2 as nice as I expect I will be well satisfied.

Have spent lots of time with the owner on the phone, and asked all the questions... (thanks to all of you )

Fulltime here I come,, ready or not!!

I am certain to have more questions so keep the pencils sharpened..
Old 11-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #5

Oh, the adventures ahead...good luck and happy travels.
Joe
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #6

Congratulations to you! I know your pain then you happiness, much the same thing happen to us. We made a deal over the phone for a used Jayco Designer but once we got there the smells inside the fifth wheel were horrible! They had obviously left dogs for an extended period and even though the carpeting had been changed it reek of dog urine. The dogs had also chewed and scratched the door facings.

Dejected, we made the 4 hour drive home. That evening I was on the Imternet looking at a local sales site and found a Keystone Cougar that was one a year old and look new inside. It was beyond our price range by about $3500 but we thought we'd go look at it anyway since it was only about 50 miles away.

Once we got there we saw that it looked and smelled brand new. It was owned by a newly married couple who had it for 7 months and were buying a house. They decided to take payoff as they'd had it listed for a month which saved us the $3500 that was over our budget. It also had 4 years of the transferable warranty left on it!

Meant to be!

Enjoy and happy travels!
neesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by neesey View Post
Congratulations to you! I know your pain then you happiness, much the same thing happen to us. We made a deal over the phone for a used Jayco Designer but once we got there the smells inside the fifth wheel were horrible! They had obviously left dogs for an extended period and even though the carpeting had been changed it reek of dog urine. The dogs had also chewed and scratched the door facings.

Dejected, we made the 4 hour drive home. That evening I was on the Imternet looking at a local sales site and found a Keystone Cougar that was one a year old and look new inside. It was beyond our price range by about $3500 but we thought we'd go look at it anyway since it was only about 50 miles away.

Once we got there we saw that it looked and smelled brand new. It was owned by a newly married couple who had it for 7 months and were buying a house. They decided to take payoff as they'd had it listed for a month which saved us the $3500 that was over our budget. It also had 4 years of the transferable warranty left on it!

Meant to be!

Enjoy and happy travels!
WOW how lucky was that, I didn't get such a lucky deal but it was 8 years newer and I did manage to talk them down 1000. Lucky for me as I am a bit strapped and have to move as my place has been sold by the landlord.
I also got the one slide and bunks I wanted, the other trailer had neither.
So I am most happy and I am sure you are too .... yes, meant to be!

Your story about the smells in the other unit reminded me of a purchase I am waiting for, it has such great reviews I thought it would be good to have on hand as I do have 2 dogs and they love to investigate, we have already had one skunk episode, (dog became 'bare' and I had to make him a body warmer).he isn't small nor big, just medium and coat of wool, that smell clung like .....glue,
here is the site, I got the liquid bucket as it will make 20 gallons and the price was right, the shipping to me by mail was the least and it was almost as much as the product. I like the spray idea, good for doggie beds too! Eliminates even 'gas smell from MH and trucks.

Odor Eliminator - Car & Home Odor Control - Any Odor Removal Guaranteed

To find the liquid enter that in the search bar.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad it all worked out for you. Great looking 5er. Enjoy!

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote