Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bigger is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I havd the refer in the slide. The humm of the fan is very annoying on a quiet night.

I may replace the noisy humming fan with a brushless fan from Radio Shack. Anyone else do this?
If there is enough room for a larger fan that would be the quietest choice. A 200 or 230mm low RPM computer fan will move more air and make much less noise.

I would not buy them from Radio Shack. Try Amazon.com or ebay or even tigerdirect.com.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #16

New Horizons Owners Club
Fridge in slide

We have a residential 23 cu. ft. side by side fridge in a slide in our 5th and have no issues.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #17

I have a fridge in the slide also. Some have had problems with cooling. I insulated the walls with reflective insulation and built a baffle at the top to force the air circulation over the coils. Installed 2 computer type fans and also a fan in the frig itself. It now cools quickly and holds the correct temp in the 90's with no problem.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fridge in the slide here - Norcold N811FRT - 100 degrees today with 30 plus percent humidity - a nice 38 degrees inside the fridge - ice cream in the freezer and it's hard!

Yes the fridge has built in exhaust fans from the factory and they work as designed.

Fridge works great!!

Cheers
SPICoaster - 2008 38' Holiday Rambler Alumascape Suite
Old 07-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillorTeresa View Post
We have a residential 23 cu. ft. side by side fridge in a slide in our 5th and have no issues.
X2.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Manufacturer should have accounted for weight , Cooling should not be a
problem and if it is a couple of extra computer fans to exhaust the air at the top vent or above the baffle in back of the reefer will help to eliminate your problem . This should not be a deal breaker if everything else is what you want in a fifth wheel .
Old 07-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #21

In Texas heat mid summer kitchen slide facing evening sun they will loose efficiency. How well it is ventilated will determine how much. Personally I despise typical rv fridges. Residential much better. I would not buy a camper today unless it had residential fridge.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
Old 07-13-2014, 11:31 PM   #22

We have a Montana with the fridge in the slide and have no problems at all. Not noisy either. I love it! We also had a Prowler with the same set up and it worked great as well.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #23
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillorTeresa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
X2.
With a fridge that big, I assume both of you have ice makers. Does the water line for the ice maker run under the slide, and if so, does it freeze if you camp in cold weather?
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #24

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
Why don't you ask a dealer?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
With a fridge that big, I assume both of you have ice makers. Does the water line for the ice maker run under the slide, and if so, does it freeze if you camp in cold weather?
Never had freezing issue on any kind. We have been in the Dakota's too. All our water lines are inside. Only hose exposed is the water hose to the spigot.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #26
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering1 View Post
Why don't you ask a dealer?
Because even if a dealer knows there may be a freezing problem, he probably won't tell you.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Because even if a dealer knows there may be a freezing problem, he probably won't tell you.
Why do you lump dealers, good and bad, all together, like all are hiding something and don't want to help you?
Old 07-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #28

I research units before I buy them or even go to dealer. I seem to always know more than they do. Sad but true.

Tags
fridge, slide