Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #15

Get a copy of the new Trailer Life Mag. It has a nice article on 5ers with front living rooms.
Dick Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #16

Dick Noble
I also bought it. I also got the 2015 RV Buyers Guide. The trailer life was good and the Rv buyers guide did not cover a lot of mfg's. Was disappointed
I am still confused as to what FL 5er I want
00 DEAD ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #17

I own a '14 FL Montana 3850FL, that I use as an apartment away from home where I have a business. VERY happy with it - the only issue I've had really is that the horizontal hinged door over the cargo storage under the bed leaked water in rainstorms (although never when washing - odd...)
Yes, it gets a little hotter up front, but not a problem with two aircon units and a ceiling fan. I also run a retro desk fan just to circulate the cooled air better - but I do that in my DP also.
My biggest like is that with the bedroom in back, I don't wake up with the newspaper delivery truck brings the park paper at four in the a.m., and being a light sleeper, just sleeping at the back means I get a better sleep all around. And with five slides, it's got plenty of room - and two entry doors allow you to access the bathroom without bringing the slides out when traveling.
All that being said, I'm now looking at getting their new 3711FL - still a front living room, but with six slides, and the living room open more with the kitchen/dining for that bigger, open, feeling. Montana make a great trailer with great value for the money. A neighbor just took delivery of a new Redwood unit that costs a lot more, and I noticed his vertically hinged cabinet doors were not aligned very well, and didn't always close in the latch like they're supposed to. As another poster noted, paying more doesn't mean better quality every time...
Durango382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #18

We are looking at purchasing a 2012 3750fl Dutchmen Infinity - My wife likes the layout but I want to hear any comments from anyone with experience with this 5th wheel. - Thanks
CJCRLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #19

Go look through different ones and pick just a few to look at a time. My wife and I have found it better to focus on a few. We are getting our second front living room.
Iowa6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #20

Thanks! We will do that. Sounds like you like the front living room style! =)
Old 02-22-2015, 06:17 PM   #21

We really do like it. We like the bedroom in the back. It quieter with the bedroom in the back. We like having the bathroom on the same level as the kitchen & bedroom. It gives the feeling of the living room being its own room. I think it is important to have two AC units. Just some thoughts on it.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #22

Thanks so much for your input! We will be taking all those things into consideration! Would you mind me asking what make and model front living room rv's you've owned?
Old 02-23-2015, 04:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
Thx Rob_Fla
Which model do you have
We have the Redwood 38FL, the rear bedroom is great on a FL model.
It is larger and quieter due to being in the rear of the coach.
Also having the Bedroom, Bathroom and Kitchen on the same level is great for when you get up in the middle of the night to get some water or a snack.
Many people do not like the elevated living room area in a FL, think they would go up and down the stairs too much.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:31 AM   #24

Don't, I say don't look at Continental Coach first, because everything else will look like trash.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #25

Our first was a KZ 38fl & 2nd jayco 38flsa. Both very nice - they are at different price points. Jayco was higher price point.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:51 PM   #26

Thanks everyone..I think we need to look around and see what's out there. It sounds like the front living room will definitely be the ones we look at!
Old 02-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #27

We have a Grand Design Solitude, 379FL. Ceiling in lounge is 6 foot 7 inches. Slides are 6 foot, no problems heating or cooling

Leonard Boyer
Old 02-26-2015, 06:19 AM   #28

Thx KOLCB
00 DEAD ON is offline   Reply With Quote