Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 09:56 PM   #15

Carolina Campers
We full time with six cats and one dog. We got the softsided Natures Miracle crates that hold 30 lbs each and sort cats so each crate is about equal.
They fit side by side in the back seat of the truck with a spot for a small dog bed for the dog.
The cats aren’t partial to moving day but they love being in the RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 09:58 PM   #16

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS-POPS View Post
Our friends travel with their cats. They stay in the 5th wheel. Why would they have to ride in the truck?
Traveling in a 5er with no control over temp? When you get tossed back and forth like you are in an earthquake? No way would I do that to mine. I love mine too much to do that to them.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #17

[emoji121]️[emoji121]️[emoji121]️[emoji121]️ couldn't agree more southernlady!
jeffwill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:33 PM   #18

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
I had to give a super sweet cat to my cat loving friend. I tried hard to get this cat use to travel, tried Rescue Remedy then two different things from the Vet. This super sweet cat traveled 12,000 in 2 years and never got use to travel. Poor little kitty would get stressed and foam, slobber from her mouth as soon as she was put in a car or the truck. We tried the cage, on our laps, on her pillow etc.etc. Nothing we tried worked.

So just be aware, not all cats travel good. I have always had dogs that loved to travel but dogs do not last forever. Went a few years with no pets then this cat picks me as her owner. Oh well.
We had one (lost her to age related illness) this summer who hated crates to the point of blooding her claws when she traveled to the vet in a standard crate. In fact, she is why we got the soft sided ones. We had one soft side carrier we used with her. But put in with her sibling and her mom in one of the soft sided crates to travel, did just fine. We still have the small soft sided carrier for individual trips to the vet. When not being used for that, it holds their toys.

Unfortunately cats don’t last forever either. We actually lost that one and her sibling to kidney disease. The mom is still going strong. We got two kittens about 2 months ago. They travel great. Started with six, lost two, got two. Age range, one is 17, two will be 7 this spring, one is almost 5, and the two kittens are 6 months now.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:21 AM   #19

I'm going to get some flack and I don't mean to antagonize anyone here. But are we talking about cats here that usually reside in barns and evolved from wild animals? Since when did cats become so delicate? It is amazing how people try to humanize their pets. The cat GODs must be laughing at us. Cats were domesticated to keep rodents under control, not to enslave us.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 AM   #20

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
I'm going to get some flack and I don't mean to antagonize anyone here. But are we talking about cats here that usually reside in barns and evolved from wild animals? Since when did cats become so delicate? It is amazing how people try to humanize their pets. The cat GODs must be laughing at us. Cats were domesticated to keep rodents under control, not to enslave us.
Maybe they are but no more than the dog GODS are laughing at humans for how we treat our doggy members of the family either.

I don’t ride in any vehicle equipped with seat belts without buckling in so why should I leave my animals free to get hurt in a moving vehicle? Or to cause us to create an unsafe driving environment?

Ours are as much our children as the human kind and they don’t talk back.

Tags
full time