Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #1

Full time front living suggestions

Looking to buy a 16,000 lb GVWR max front living for full time use.

My must haves: 2 A/C if the length is over 34. Sit down shower. Washer dryer hookups. Residential fridge. Hydraulic leveling jacks. Good insulation. Headroom over the bed. (Nothing worse than shelves above my head.)

I've seen grand designs 379fl and Bay Hills 379 fl in videos. I can't see much difference. I'd like to buy a few years used.

Any other brands I'm missing? Any other "must have" features I'm not considering? I definitely would like slide awnings but it's not a must.
QuixoticElixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 08:28 AM   #2

Full time front living suggestions

Unless you are buying used, Bayhill will not be available since they closed shop recently. You might look at a gently used full time rated unit like Lifestyle, Teton, NuWa HitchHiker, Excel, Travel Supreme, and DRV (you can get DRV new). Most of the quality (in my opinion) 5th wheel manufacturers have gone out of business. They made well built but expensive full time units and no one wants to pay the price for a really good 5th wheel anymore. I would also be looking at 17.5 inch tires, hydraulic brakes, Moryde IS suspension, and a great frame. They are all pretty on the inside. You want a 5th wheel with "good bones" for full timing. You however, will probably not find a front living room in any of these units but any one of them would be fantastic for full timing.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Heartland Bighorn has a Front Living model; they have great after sales service. I know of one coming up for resale here this fall. Like this Not mine, but I owned a Heartland Landmark 5ver before so know the brand and manufacturer.

Located in Alberta Canada; positive exchange rate for US buyers!

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Generally speaking the better the quality of the unit the higher the weight. It takes weight to build a solid unit. That also comes with an increase in price and the requirement for a bigger tow vehicle to stay within the vehicle towing specifications.

We were very happy with our KZ and used it for 10 years (snowbirding). Upgraded to a coach a couple years ago.

Get the unit you want and that fits your needs. Nothing more disappointing than having a unit that does not meet expectations.

I really like the idea of a front living room. Puts the bedroom at the back away from the road and traffic.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #5

Found an incredible deal on a NuWa I really couldnt pass up. Will be purchasing thursday!!!

It doesnt meet every single criteria but the money saved makes the front living desire go away! Will post as soon as I have a title!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:03 AM   #6

IMHO you couldn't of found a better trailer manufacturer than NUWA Hitchhikers, I work on a lot a different brand trailers, and there's is one of the best made. Also the stopped making 5th wheels, but unlike the others they are still in business to fix and repair if needed if you still need parts they still have inventory or can get it for you at a cheaper price then drop shipped to you. It now called Kansas RV Center. Even if you have any questions about your rig they will gladly help you, as almost all employees there made them in the factory. That's the main reason I shopped around and bought a NUWA. They also is a great forum for Nuwa owners owned and ran by buyers of Nuwa's.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 AM   #7

Thats no lie!
This model is a 2007 Champagne 35 and has been to 40 states. Its floors are solid and the roof is fantastic. I had an inspector go with me. He walked the roof down while i ispected the inside. I never knew he was up there! Thursday cannot get here fast enough! I highly urge anyone looking at full timing to consider a used NuWa. They may not have all the latest bells and whistles but thats what amazon is for!
Old 08-16-2016, 10:15 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Congratulations! The Nuwa Champagne was one I seriously looked at one time - I loved the floor plan with the Grand Staircase design (on drivers side), extra closet space, L-Kitchen and rear desk with fireplace. I ended up with a early 2011 Heartland Landmark Grand Canyon which had most of the same features.

Nuwa is a great unit.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:35 AM   #9

I had a Montana 3750 FL. It was a good rig, shade over 36'. 15,000 lbs
Old 08-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #10

Delivers today!!! I hope!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	136319  
Old 08-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice looking unit. You will have many wonderful experiences while in the RV world.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:57 AM   #12

Congratulations on you new to you HH Champagne, I saw your interior pictures on the Nuwa forum and you got an awesome find. It looks brand new, the previous owners took great care of it, by the looks of your pictures. I'm jealous :-). You'll be very happy with it, you won't regret it, you'll love it more everyday I'm sure. Again, Congratulations.

Tags
full time