Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #15

I am so impressed with your updates. Very classy!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Same here, we put in the Allure last summer and use a runner when bringing in the slide for travel. Love it, have had no damage to the floor using the runner. We went with an oak flooring to match our cabinets. Traffic Master makes about 8-10 colors in this flooring, anyone should be able to find a good match.

calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Very nice !!!
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks really nice. Now go enjoy all of your hard work.

Ken
Old 02-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #19

Yes the color choices are great. I was very pleased with the end result and the quick easy install. I even did the stairs going into the bath/bedroom. They turned out great, I had to use liquid nails though on the pieces and the kick side of the stairs where the flooring is in the verticle position. It has been 9 months and not one piece has budged, buckled or warped. I am very impressed with this product.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
nice job first5thwheel, looks better than a new rig. hope that you have many years of fun with your refurbished rig.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #21

Thanks Frank. We plan to put many miles on the rig so I am hoping for some great trips ahead. :O)
Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #22

I want to thank everyone who has answered my question about putting in a new floor in our Fleetwood Discovery. I have decided to go with the Allure as so many have used it and has such good results. My question is: What do you do when you come to the steps??? They are carpeted and I can't see trying to bend the Allure and it wouldn't stay either since it is a 'floating floor'. I need your help!

My other question is: I need to put something in the kitchen area behind the sink and stove. When we got our motor home the last owners had taken down whatever was there and left a wall in terrible shape. I know that I can't put something there that needs screws as there really isn't anything to hold the screws solid. HELP!!!! It is embarrassing to have people in and for them to see that wall. I don't want to put up mirrors as I think was there before.

Thanks so much for all of you that have answered and helped first-timers with your valued suggestions!!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #23

Appalachian Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to W4RLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkersey1944 View Post
My other question is: I need to put something in the kitchen area behind the sink and stove. When we got our motor home the last owners had taken down whatever was there and left a wall in terrible shape. I know that I can't put something there that needs screws as there really isn't anything to hold the screws solid. HELP!!!! It is embarrassing to have people in and for them to see that wall. I don't want to put up mirrors as I think was there before.

Thanks so much for all of you that have answered and helped first-timers with your valued suggestions!!
Look at Lowe's or Home Depot for precut wainscoting. It comes in 36"x48" sheets. Cut to fit and attach to the damaged wall with panel adhesive. No screws needed, and you can cover the transition between the old wall and the new wall with moulding.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
W4RLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

I used a metal tile which we have really been happy with for the year or two we've had it installed. I documented before and after pictures in this thread Anyone Tried "Aspect Metal Tile" Yet?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Can you provide some detail on how the cornice is installed above the blinds? The prior owner of our rig removed the original ones and installed the metal and plastic valence that the fabric slides over in a pocket. As you would expect, it is a rattle box in our motor home.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #26

Quote:
I want to thank everyone who has answered my question about putting in a new floor in our Fleetwood Discovery. I have decided to go with the Allure as so many have used it and has such good results. My question is: What do you do when you come to the steps??? They are carpeted and I can't see trying to bend the Allure and it wouldn't stay either since it is a 'floating floor'. I need your help!

I have a thread in here about the steps. I did them in the allure and they turned out beautiful: see this link:

Vinyl Plank Flooring: Do you have stairs in your 5ver ????

As far as your back splash behind the stove and sink, if you have a good sub-base to stick to, Lowe's has the this cool stick on lightweight glass tile that you grout and it is very nice and will take the heat from the stove and the moisture beind the sink. It is trimmable and you can go around any obsticals you may encounter:

Shop Self adhesive glass tiles at Lowes.com: Search Results
Old 05-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderso View Post
Can you provide some detail on how the cornice is installed above the blinds? The prior owner of our rig removed the original ones and installed the metal and plastic valence that the fabric slides over in a pocket. As you would expect, it is a rattle box in our motor home.
My Cornice attachements were nothing more than "L" brackets. on part of the L bracet is screwed into the wall and the other the top of the corniced rests on and I took a long phillips head and put short screws into the L braket and then into the top of the inside of the cornice. You have to do it from underneath on the inside. If this does not make since to you re-post and I can take pictures and show you step by step.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #28

FIRST 5TH WHEEL Thanks so much for all your help, pictures (which are great) and ideas!! I am planning on using all of them and with your pictures it makes it much easier to see the end result. I am still concerned what to do on the sides of the stairs and the 'trap door' that goes down over the stair well. It is carpeted also. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

Tags
window