Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #1

Allure Vinyl Plank Flooring

Dear Forum,
A few weeks back I made an inquiry in the Forum about putting in vinyl plank flooring. I wondered how it would go down and as well function with the living room slide. This is a floating floor and is not glued to the subfloor of the 5th Wheel. I am very happy to say that it installed perfectly, easily and the best part is it does not interfere with the slide coming in, nor does the slide scratch or dig the new floor. The reason I believe the flooring works so well is due to the fact the flooring itself is very thin. If any of you want to give your rigs a facelift and have a stunning new floor I strongly suggest using this product. It is rugged, water-resistant and I think you would have years of carefree use. The most wonderful part of this flooring is it looks like real wood, but has the versatility of being vinyl so that it can take a beating camping. No more worries with moisture or dirt. It cleans well and looks awesome. Here are the install pictures. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!. Attached are the pictures
first5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nice Job! Thanks for sharing.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #3

Hi Forum,
I have not been in the forum for about 8 weeks due to my rehab and facelift of my 5th Wheel. Had fun redoing the window treatments, border, and floor. As well layed new stain master carpet in the slides and in the bedroom. The floor ran me about $250. The carpet I purchased from a remnant warehouse $200 and the border I ordered online for $7.99 a roll, only used two rolls. The border was applied with contact cement. Worked great and will not peel. I trimmined the border with wood that matches the new wooden blinds I installed. The blinds are from IKEA and I trimmed them with a bench saw after binding them tightly with shrink-wrap before sawing. They are all custom trimmed to fit each window. Depending on the size of the window, the cost of the blinds ranged from $24 to $40 each. Not a bad price to pay for a quick facelift. The window treatments I took down and just recovered to bring a more modern look to the inside. It was very easy and I pleated beige curtains I already had and piped the boxes in brown velvet. It gave the whole place a much more luxury feel at a fraction of the cost if you would have ordered them factory. It just goes to show you if you have a little time, patience, and skill you can do just about anything on a shoestring budget. And let's face it with the economy the way it is, any penny saved is a penny earned in hard times. Attached are the before and after pictures. Hope you enjoy the change. I love the results. I will post a few more posts showing all the pictures. Here are a few.

The new carpet that I cut to fit the slide, I returned to the carpet warehouse and they sent it out to a third party vendor to professionally bind the edge so that it looked finished. It ran me about $50 to have it professionally bound. You could by binding at Home Depot and melt the edge of your carpet with a match, and then iron on the binding, but I do not recommend that for a high traffic area. Most carpet vendors will bind remnant carpet if you ask them too. :O)

Here are some shots of the inside, windows, and carpet
Old 06-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #4

I would want to take out some rug up to the slider when open and install something like you did. what do you do the rug after cutting it to finish it up. thanks ED
Ed ke6bnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #5

Here are the photo's that go with this post

When my post were merged the photo's were not merged as well here are the photo's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside Shot.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	11574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Another shot of  completed trim and windows eating nook.JPG
Views:	514
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	11575  

Old 06-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #6

More photo's for this post

Here are some more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Laying new floor 1.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	11576  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #7

more photo's

These are the window treatments
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Original Window treatmetns and old blinds.  Notice no border on wall or wood trim or wood blinds.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	11577   Click image for larger version

Name:	More Pleating of the fabric for window treatments.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	11578  

Name:	Further application wiht hot glue gun of pleated material to plywood forms for window treatments.JPG
Views:	386
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	11579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Window Treatments with new wooden blinds 2.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	11580  

Old 06-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #8

Here is the border and trim

Here is the bordera and wood trim that matches the blinds
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Original Border.JPG
Views:	369
ID:	11581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cutting New Border for walls.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	11582  

Name:	New Border and wood trim refinshed window treatments with blinds.JPG
Views:	459
ID:	11583  
Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #9

Photo's of the new carpet

Here are some of the new carpet in
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Carpet 1.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	11584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carpet 2.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	461.2 KB
ID:	11585  

Old 06-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #10

Love the photos. The old cornice fabric is the same that was in the bedroom of our Alumascape.

liz
Old 06-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #11

It looks fantastic! You did a great job! Enjoy!
boymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #12

What vinyl flooring did you use? Is your sLide level with the other floor or does it come out over it?
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #13

I used Traffic Master by Allure (Cherry). Home Depot sells it. My slide is only level with the floor when completely moved to the outward position. When I bring it in, it raises automatically about 1 1/2 inches and then rides on top of the floor. There are two rollers that drive up onto the inside floor. I do not take the chance of the new floor getting scratched so I purchased a rubber backed Carpet Runner 3' X 14' and roll that out on the floor when I bring the slide in just so that the slide rides up onto the runner. That way for sure I know the new floor will not be scratched. When the slide goes back out, I just simply roll up the rubber-backed runner and stow it away in a compartment under the 5th wheel.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #14

9 months into the Allure flooring and it looks the same as if I put it down yesterday. This floor holds up awesome. I thought I would give you all some reassurance if you are thinkng of ever putting it down.

My slide comes in perfectly onto the floor everytime with not scratches or digs. I am very pleased.

Tags
window