Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Folks, all members are entitled to post RV related questions on the forum. If you do not want to see a particular member's posts, click on the User name and select Ignore from the drop down list. Thanks.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering1 View Post
You are cluttering the forum with all the threads you keep starting.
Interesting. I've never heard of a Q&A forum that discouraged questions.

Helping my disabled father and my care-giver sister in getting their fifth-wheels for a long-term, rural Texas site. I hope to do likewise within a year or two so...just trying to learn all that I can. Any & all advice is appreciated!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #17

question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering1 View Post
You are cluttering the forum with all the threads you keep starting.
In this regard I don't understand how this forum works. Most Internet forums require that each question be posted as its own thread. But the complaint above accuses the poster of "cluttering the forum" by starting new threads. Is the rule on IRV2 that I should put all of my questions that are related to a given category (such as fifth-wheels) into a SINGLE post and thread?

Either way, it does seem odd that I see complaints like these against people who ask questions on what I thought was intended as a Q&A resource. How are questions "clutter" on a Q&A forum? At least most of the more insulting complaints get deleted by the administrators here, based on what I saw as a lurker in recent weeks. That is nice to see. Also the helpful replies answering the questions appear to outnumber the rude complaints. But I'm surprised that anyone would feel driven to complain about RV questions at all. As a novice and long-time lurker, I have learned a lot from the beginner's questions. They may be "dumb" questions to others but the Q&A of a basic nature have certainly helped me.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Folks, all members are entitled to post RV related questions on the forum.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm glad to see that the moderators don't share the opinion of those who complain about people posting questions here.

I assume all of you moderators are volunteers so just want to say that I appreciate this educational resource which you make possible. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are 3 posters asking basically the same questions. If they are related they should be conferring with each other a little? That is only my opinion.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
There are 3 posters asking basically the same questions. If they are related they should be conferring with each other a little? That is only my opinion.
They all appear to be the same person.

2014 Allegro 36LA
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
They all appear to be the same person.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith9 View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Here are my thoughts
Ive seen this type before on other forums ,they come in like a hurricane and vacum up every scrap of info they can in the shortest time ,never use search because its too slow ,never get to know us ,never stick around to contribute back to the community.
Irritating at the least (prove me wrong please paulnancy etc).
Gave me a headache trying to help and keep up
close to spamming .
Old 10-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hone eagle View Post
Here are my thoughts
Ive seen this type before on other forums ,they come in like a hurricane and vacum up every scrap of info they can in the shortest time ,never use search because its too slow ,never get to know us ,never stick around to contribute back to the community.
close to spamming .
Don't keep up, and read something else.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #24

My concern about this is this person or group of people are obviously trying to set up a compound or shanty town made up of RV's. The sanitation facilities are questionable at best . This type of compound really gives the RV community a bad reputation . I own a fifth wheel and still would not like to see this in my community.
They say local zoning will not allow mobile or modular homes but will allow an RV to be set up and occupied permanently, interesting.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #25

Quote:
My concern about this is this person or group of people are obviously trying to set up a compound or shanty town made up of RV's. The sanitation facilities are questionable at best . This type of compound really gives the RV community a bad reputation . I own a fifth wheel and still would not like to see this in my community.
They say local zoning will not allow mobile or modular homes but will allow an RV to be set up and occupied permanently, interesting.
This "group of persons" involves a disabled retiree and his caregiver daughter on one large ranch and woodland property about a quarter mile from the nearest highway and invisible even a short distance away. The son is setting up on a similar property a few miles away. Everything is in full-compliance with state and county regulations---although we've run into several details where the two codes are in conflict. The state has been given special access and concessions to use the land for some special purposes as "guests" so they are not likely to give us any trouble unless some bureaucrat tries to complicate things.

But clearly we are not welcomed here. My brother and father have all been surprised at the hostility, suspicion, and rudeness towards newcomers with questions here.

Quote:
The sanitation facilities are questionable at best . This type of compound really gives the RV community a bad reputation.
On your next visit to the property, please introduce yourself because we didn't notice you on your last inspection. Please explain what you found to be in violation. With an appointment, I can also introduce you to the county official who approved the grandfather waivers and helped us stay within code.

Quote:
No. It was stated that it was a combination of the EXPENSE of some aspects of making some of the other, less-desirable alternatives fully compliant (without jeopardizing some of the existing grandfathers and waivers on the special use, nearly one-of-a-kind property) and some old contracts involving a business partnership on shared used of the property which would be expensive to rewrite. (Have you paid any lawyers by the hour lately?)

But does one have to explain all of one's personal business here just to ask general questions about RVs?

By the way, for those who are curious, some properties are zoned to allow RVs but not "permanent" residences because of flood-plain safety issues. FEMA and other agencies do not want housing floating downstream in a flood and wiping out bridges. So they sometimes restrict a property to "quick evacuation structures" only---and that means being able to hook up a tow-vehicle and removing the residence from the area quickly on 20 minutes' notice. (Mobile homes attached to foundations obviously do not meet that criterion.)

My disabled father already left this website after a sufficient number of insults and accusations and I will do likewise. As to my brother, he's on an entirely separate but similar property under the same ownership some miles away and needing to set up an RV to provide better security against vandalism and trespassing there. (Does that meet your approval?)

I was under the impression that this was a Q&A forum and not a unwelcoming community of people who determine who is "good people" and who isn't---and therefore shouldn't be here. We assumed that it was our private responsibility to comply with all zoning and legal codes (which we have done to the letter, at considerable effort, to be honest) but apparently that's not enough to pass muster here. And how unfortunate that private landowners with large tracts of land are looked down upon for exercising their constitutional freedoms of using their own land as they see fit within the requirements of the law. Truly, I was not aware that this website was for RV Park clients only. (You should make that clear in the Terms of Use upon registration.)

Good bye. Enjoy your community. I will leave you to your grumbling and insults. You won't see me again.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hone eagle View Post
Here are my thoughts
close to spamming .
Yes, my disabled father, Paul Allen, who came here first but was summarily insulted and told not to "clutter the forum" with questions, left several days ago under his philosophy that "Life is too short" to hassle with the scorners and unfriendly types. And by the way, for those who said he would ask questions but never buy an RV, he found a very nice 2007 DRV Mobil Suites that he is closing on shortly. I would think that a lot of questions and research would be the usual process before a major expenditure but to each his own. As for my sister and I, we are still looking but are seriously considering what a helpful individual on these forums recommended to us: getting very similar models for the advantages of parts and servicing. So toward that end, I'm looking at an DRV Elite Suite tomorrow from a private seller.

So there ya go, Hone Eagle and Blacksmith9, we are all leaving. My father (the retired professor who is gradually going blind so he was hastily doing his research here and buying his fifth-wheel as soon as possible before the macular degeneration makes it impossible for him to read) already had left and my sister got tired of your insults and left just minutes ago. And now I"m leaving you to stew in your juices as well. There! You now have your own quiet community again---all without those bothersome, pesky questions from RV novices! Enjoy! You all have succeeded in driving away those loathsome rural-bound "trailer trash" who dared invade your community!

[By the way, the unwelcome newcomers you so disdain, includes two Ph.D.'s and a MacArthur Fellow. So you were wise to get them and their "kind" out of here.]

Good bye.

NathanJ

Helping my disabled father and my care-giver sister in getting their fifth-wheels for a long-term, rural Texas site. I hope to do likewise within a year or two so...just trying to learn all that I can. Any & all advice is appreciated!
Closed Thread

Tags
disabled rvers, handicapped