RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
They still marketed the Platinum package in 2016/2017. I believe they changed with the mid 2017 models (or 2018). We purchased a 2016 Glacier Peak around the time they started making the 2017 models.

In 2016 the Platinum package became standard. They also added 50 amp service, bedroom A/C pre wire along with a few others. They changed the front cap from the dark gray to a lighter shade as there were problems with the front caps fading.

We also added a Progressive EMS Progressive ems-hw50c.

I've attached the 2016 Glacier Peak brochure which may help determine some of the differences.

Hope this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure_glacierpeak 2016.pdf (2.49 MB, 5 views)

StuartN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2019, 02:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartN View Post
They still marketed the Platinum package in 2016/2017. I believe they changed with the mid 2017 models (or 2018). We purchased a 2016 Glacier Peak around the time they started making the 2017 models.

In 2016 the Platinum package became standard. They also added 50 amp service, bedroom A/C pre wire along with a few others. They changed the front cap from the dark gray to a lighter shade as there were problems with the front caps fading.

I've attached the 2016 Glacier Peak brochure which may help determine some of the differences.

Hope this helps...
That is awesome Stuart, thanks a million for the info and the brochure.

This helps a lot. Ironically this am I spoke with Corrin at Thompson RV to ask her if she had build sheet or brochure. She scanned one they had and emailed it to me but it is not as clear as the one you sent. This is awesome. I still have not seen the unit we are buying in person so I am trying to educate myself to make sure I know what I am buying.

I have been lurking on the Outdoor RV owners part of this forum and it looks like I am going to be doing a lot more reading this weekend. Lots of great people and good stuff here.

Guido Gamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartN View Post

Hope this helps...
Stuart,

What part of Colorado are you in? I live and work in Northern NM but we are fixing up a place in Salida where the RV will live and I hope to in the next couple of years.

Again, thank you.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:22 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We're up in the Denver metro area. Far enough out to have peace and quiet.

We usually head down to Angel Fire once or twice a year. There's a real nice RV resort they built a few years ago. Have a BIL that lives just outside of Taos so we can stop by and visit.

We've been pretty happy with our Glacier Peak, even went up to LaGrande in 2017 to do the factory tour. We're thinking of selling ours and upgrading in the near future. Was hoping for another ORV, but it looks like they dumped the fill profile fifth wheel floor plans.

I forgot I had the following information I used when tracking the changes on the model year changes. It should give you some more details on what was standard/optional on the 2015 models.

Glacier Peak “Luxury Outdoors” Features

LG Galley Solid Surface Countertops
XL Counter space w/ Sunken Range & Solid Surface Range Top
Mountain Chestnut Black Glazed Cabinet Doors & Solid Wood Drawers
Ultra Sleek Frameless Windows / Radius Designed Shower
Norcold Adjustable XL Fridge w/ Hardwood Front Panels (20% More Groceries)
Sliding Bumper Storage Rack
Eco-Camping Energy Saving Interior/Exterior LED Lights
(2) LED Porch Lights, LED Entry Step Light, Front LED Hitch Light
Vizio HD LED WiFi 42" TV
w/ Jensen Bluetooth Home Theatre Surround Sound System
10 Gallon LP/110V Water Heater
Wireless Remote (Awning, Slide-Outs, HD 13,000lb Stab Jacks, Exterior Light)
Bedroom TV Area Pre-Wired for Satellite TV
Vaulted Radius Ceiling (Approx 5" of Additional Headroom)
XL Mountain Sized Exterior Luggage Door Openings
Rugged Exterior Storage Area with Durable Rubber Diamond Plate Protection
Exterior Utility Command Center with LED Light (NA F26CIS)
Eco-Camping 13.5K Coleman Polar Mach Sleek Profile A/C - less energy consumption
Residential Style Digital Thermostat for Heating and A/C.
80 Gallon Fresh Water Capacity/ 60-80 Gallon Grey Water / 50 Gallon Black Water (Check Capacities)
1" Thermal Insulated Slam Latch Designed Luggage Doors
Portable Outdoor Table Located in Luggage Compartment
Power Landing Gear with Snap Jack Pins
12V Heat Pad - Fresh Water Tank / Rear Ladder
Plush Ultra Leather Furniture - Residential Wall Hugger Sofa (Where App.)
Thomas Payne Lounge Recliners (Where App.)
60" X 80" Residential Queen Bed
Wall Switched Fantastic Vent Fans (Bedroom, Bathroom)
Residential 8 Pane Glass Bedroom Door with Privacy Curtain
Luxury Metal High Rise Kitchen Faucet with Pull Out Sprayer
All Lower Cabinet Doors & Drawers- Raised Panel Hardwood Doors
3 Burner Sealed Burner Range and 22" Oven w/ Glass Front Panel
Luxury Medicine Cabinet Lighting/Ceiling Edge Crown Molding
All In One Interior Command Center
Black & Polished Chrome Aluminum Wheels
Thermal Insulated Bedroom Skylight w/ Night Shade
Brushed Aluminum XL Entry Handle, Chrome Entry and Luggage Door Locks
20" Between Bed & Bath Wall for Walk / Dress Space
Easy Access Drop Down Spare Tire, High Pressure BBQ bib & 12' hose
12V Outlets On Both Sides of the Bed
Outdoors Luxury Wood Blinds for Kitchen Windows
Tread Lite Aluminum Entry Steps
Outdoors Luxury XL View Frameless Windows in Entry Door

Glacier Peak “Platinum Package” - Optional

9.5 cu. Ft. Sleek Designed Fridge
Thermal Pane Windows
Vizio Wifi HD LED 50” Living Room TV (Wallowa, Crater Lake, Bearcreek, Sitka)
Vizio Bluetooth Sound Bar
Premium Luxury Mattress
Fireplace with Stone / Rock Fascia (Model Specific)
Bedroom Sconce Lighting
Wireless Back Up Camera
Solar Panel Ready (up to 3 150W Panels) w/ Battery Maintenance Charger
Pioneer Bluetooth Touch Screen with DVD/CD and Boss Surround Sound Speakers
Bedroom Jensen 19” 12V HD LED TV w/DVD Player
Smoked Glass Cabinet Doors (select doors)
Galley Fantastic Fan w/ wall switch
Weather Guard Awning Shield
Dimmer Switch Living Room LED lights
LG Solid Surface Lavy Top
Upgraded Exterior Graphics, Upgraded Platinum Exterior Logos
Black Chrome Aluminum Wheels

Outdoors “Built Tough Construction”

1.2.3 Built Outdoors Tough Warranty
Silver Lamilux High Gloss HD 4000 Fiberglass
2” Aluminum Frame Laminated Fiberglass Construction (Back Wall, Sidewalls, Plus All Slide-Out Walls)
Aluminum Framing in Luggage Compartments/Bed Construction/Dinette Construction
Diamond Plate Protected 5th Wheel Bulkhead
Fiberglass Wall-Cutouts - Dinette Construction - 40% Thicker Cushions
Rubberized Suspension System
Outdoor Tough - Trekk Romano Flooring
Charcoal HD Fiberglass Front Cap w/ LED Light (Short Box Turning Radius)

Outdoors “Off Road Tough” Package

Upgraded MORyde Pin box
Custom Built Cambered Off Road Chassis - HD Shock Absorbers
Rugged Armor Guard Protected Bumper
Heavy Duty 6 Lug 6000LB Axles w/Off Road Brake System
Off Road High Impact Wheel Skirts - XL 15” Rugged Mud Flaps
Rugged Black Embossed Diamond Scored Skirts
Laminated Fiberglass Slide-Out Floor
Trekk Outdoor Tough Flooring - 40% Thicker Wear Layer - 3 Year Cold Cracking Warranty
Roto-Torqued Outdoors Tough Real Wood Cabinetry (All Cabinets)
16” GoodYear Radial Trailer Approved Tires Safety/Warranty (Heavy 10 Ply D Range)
16” GoodYear Spare Radial Trailer Approved Tire w/Carrier (Heavy 10 Ply D Range)
Off Road LED Clearance Lights
Radius Crowned Full Walk On Roof w/Ladder
Exterior Grade HD Plywood Roof/Floor Decking
Friction Hinge Entry Door(s)
Magnetic Luggage Door Catches (Where Applicable)
Outdoors Convenience back up lights
2" Mountian Storage Receiver (IPO sliding storage rack)

Outdoors “Climate Designed Four Seasons” Package

Mountain Extreme Thermal Pane Windows
Climate Designed - Four Seasons Camping - designed for Mountain States & Western Canada
Triple Layered Four Seasons Roof Insulation (R-15 Astrofoil & 2 Layers of R-7 Fiberglass Insulation)
Fully Enclosed Front to Back - Heated Underbelly / Double Mountain Floor Insulation
1” Thick Thermal Insulated Luggage Door Compartments
Exterior Shower Insulated by 1” Thick Thermal Luggage Door
R-15 Astro-foil Roof, Slide-Out Floor, Entire Underbelly, Additional Wrap Around Holding Tanks
Insulated Low Point Drains
Insulated Snap Cover for Bedroom Fantastic Vent Roof Fans
XL 35,000 BTU Furnace (Extreme Camping Heat System)
Norcold Cold Weather Kit - Allows fridge operation down to -10F
R-15 Astro-foil Insulated Bath Floor/Exterior Storage Compartment

Options

50 Amp Service w/ Bedroom Prewired for A/C
50 Awp Service w/ Bedroom A/C
Fireplace (Std w/ Platinum)
Eco-Camping 15K Coleman Polar Mach Sleek Profile A/C
CSA (Canada Certification)
Thermal Pane Windows (Std w/ Platinum)
Eco-Camping Quick Connect Solar Panel Ready (Std w/ Platinum)
Eco-Camping 150 Watt Solar Panel w/ Quick Connect (Upgraded to 160w Panel)
Eco-Camping (2) 150 Watt Solar Panels w/ Quick Connect (Upgraded to 160w Panel)
Living Room Slide Topper Awning (Model Specific)
Bedroom Wardrobe Slide Topper Awning
Fantastic Vent Fan w/ Wall Switch (Kitchen Std/ Platinum)
2 Lounge Recliners IPO Sofa (F26RKS)
2 Lounge Recliners IPO Wall Hugger Sofa (F26CIS)
XL Free Standing Dinette (Built In Leaf & Storage Chairs) NA F26RDS, F26CIS, F27BHS
Bedroom Wardrobe Slide-Out
Center Awning Cradle
Platinum Package-Listed below (Please contact local dealer for more information)
Forced Factory Option: 16” Goodyear Tires (10ply) w/6000lb Axles
Comfort Ride Suspension Package (New for 2016 Mid Year)
Old 01-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #19

[QUOTE=StuartN;4606092]We're up in the Denver metro area. Far enough out to have peace and quiet.

We usually head down to Angel Fire once or twice a year. There's a real nice RV resort they built a few years ago. Have a BIL that lives just outside of Taos so we can stop by and visit.

We've been pretty happy with our Glacier Peak, even went up to LaGrande in 2017 to do the factory tour. We're thinking of selling ours and upgrading in the near future. Was hoping for another ORV, but it looks like they dumped the fill profile fifth wheel floor plans.

I forgot I had the following information I used when tracking the changes on the model year changes. It should give you some more details on what was standard/optional on the 2015 models.

[I][COLOR="Blue"][I][I]Glacier Peak “Luxury Outdoors” Features

Stuart, thank you very much, this build sheet is exactly what I have been searching for. This is awesome.

During lunch hour I printed out the brochure and it came out fantastic. I just printed this "build sheet" out and will keep it with the RV.

I live in and have lived in Taos pretty much my whole life with the exception of a few years of military service and a couple of years running around Colorado and the NW. I have been spending most time here but looking to spend about half in CO this year. If you want I will pm you my phone and email in case you guys are down this way. Would love to grab a beer and food.

Thank you again for all this help. The RV industry was much more simple 20 years ago. We started to turn away from it when we would be boondocking at the lake and someone would come up with their RV, set up, start up the generator and run it all day so kids could watch TV and adults stay inside with the AC on. Over the years I have developed a little more tolerance and hoping we can adapt. Oh well!
Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #20

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

Anyone following this thread.

I looked at the Progressive EMS-HW50C. That seems to be the ticket. I called a tech at progressive who was very helpful. He explained to me that a lot of RV parks can have electrical service issues and this protector is good for a lot of reasons. He said I could probably install myself but unless a certified RV tech installed it the warranty would be void.

I also asked him if I needed anything else and this is where I am confused. He advised that I would need a "dogbone 30-50 ARV that this EMS would plug into to be able to plug into shore power. He gave me a product number but cannot find a progressive product with these numbers but found a Camco product on Amazon:
Camco 50 Amp Male To 30 Amp Female, 18" (55175) (sorry haven't figured out how to paste a link yet)

Not having having seen the RV I am purchasing I don't know what type of electrical plug it has to answer my own questions. I suspect they are standard. I just want to be prepared when I go pick it up to pull into an RV park and "hook up". Sure don't want to be running around a town I don't know with a 30' RV looking for accessories. The boy scout in me simply wants to be prepared. Any suggestions or answers are most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for response!
Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
https://www.oconnorrv.com/wp-content...lacierpeak.pdf

2015 Brochure attached. ORV does mid year changes. Our 2016 was a mid year run and had some differences from when we ordered it, so it depends on build date as well.

Tried being normal once, worst 2 minutes of my life!
Rickeoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
https://www.oconnorrv.com/wp-content...lacierpeak.pdf

2015 Brochure attached. ORV does mid year changes. Our 2016 was a mid year run and had some differences from when we ordered it, so it depends on build date as well.
Thank you Rickeoni, this is awesome.

I compared this 2015 brochure with the 2016 that StuartN sent earlier in this thread. There appears to be some minor difference such as the 2016 has Mor ryde pin box, the 2015 has what they call a Heavy Duty pin box. 2016 offers 5 floor plans 2015 has 6, There are some cover changes from the Carmel Praline in the two. It appears the 2016 is prewired for bedroom AC the 2015 is not. I have yet to compare the brochure build sheets side by side but they look really similar.

Thank you very much for taking the time to send that. I am going to print this one out as well and then see if I catch anything significant.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:39 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Gamil View Post

Stuart, thank you very much, this build sheet is exactly what I have been searching for. This is awesome.

During lunch hour I printed out the brochure and it came out fantastic. I just printed this "build sheet" out and will keep it with the RV.

I live in and have lived in Taos pretty much my whole life with the exception of a few years of military service and a couple of years running around Colorado and the NW. I have been spending most time here but looking to spend about half in CO this year. If you want I will pm you my phone and email in case you guys are down this way. Would love to grab a beer and food.

Thank you again for all this help. The RV industry was much more simple 20 years ago. We started to turn away from it when we would be boondocking at the lake and someone would come up with their RV, set up, start up the generator and run it all day so kids could watch TV and adults stay inside with the AC on. Over the years I have developed a little more tolerance and hoping we can adapt. Oh well!
Feel free to send a PM. We love getting down to that part of NM. We've found a few local micro breweries that are pretty good in and around the Angel Fire area.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #24

Congrats on your new rig!! DW stands for Dish Washer. I am replying to your post from my hospital bed, I fell on my DW's rolling pin and injured my head....
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
Congrats on your new rig!! DW stands for Dish Washer. I am replying to your post from my hospital bed, I fell on my DW's rolling pin and injured my head....
Road Dogs, get well my friend and in the future watch your step. Cya on the road!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Gamil View Post
Thank you bddales. I am going to look in to that progressive EMS. Does it offer analysis as well? Can the lay person hard wire it in or does it take some serious electrical knowledge?
Quote:
You brought up a point I never considered about it "walking away". That never dawned on me. Does that kind of stuff happen in RV campgrounds? If so what is the world coming to?
TPMS, ever since this started showing up on vehicles, the last two I bought drive me nuts. The monitor always comes on when the temperature drops and forget it when you change wheels and tires from winter to summer. On my Lexus I have to take it to the dealer when I put my snow tires on for the season because of their pryitory (sp?) code. I have to take back to them when I put the summer set back on. A regular automotive shop or tire place cannot change it cuz the vehicle only has one slot for the TPMS.

With that said, I have pulled enough trailers over the years that I can see where that would come in handy. Thanks for the heads up, I will start researching. Any suggestions.

Does anyone on this forum know if there are any major differences between a 2015 Glacier Peak Platinum and a similar 2016 model Titanium series? I asked Outdoor and they could not equivocally say if there were. I have searched on line for specs and cannot find anythingoin 2015 models. I reached out to Thompson RV who originally sold this unit but have not heard back from them.

I have used the Progressive plug-in model for six years and never had an issue or concern. I do lock it to the power pedestal (knowing full well that won't stop a determined thief) for peace of mind.

Mike
Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a homonym for that structure that holds water back....
It can be used either way depending on if she reads the forum

https://wordpress.com/posts/enjoying-life.net
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice