Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-31-2016, 06:51 AM   #1
Goose neck adapter

Anyone have any experience with this adapter. (see below)

I just purchased an Anderson Hitch for my 2500 HD, pulled my trailer about 25 miles for a test drive. Now had to purchase a new truck because of mechanical problems. Got one with the factory installed in bed holes and am thinking of going to a goose neck. Or Are there some rail systems I can use and keep my Anderson?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cushioned-5th-Fifth-Wheel-Gooseneck-Converter-Adapter/281018847271?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkpa rms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3 D20150313114020%26meid%3De6443acac2384066b64003796 bfdcabd%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D13%26mehot %3Dpp%26sd%3D400796257979

Might have to copy and paste this address

xxchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:17 AM   #2
I would not use that style of hitch due to the frame of the trailer is not reinforced in the correct places. If you pull with it you may get years of service or a cracked frame. If I was going to use the gooseneck ball in the truck I would get one of these: https://www.andersenhitches.com/Cata...onnection.aspx If you wanted to use rails then use one of these: https://www.andersenhitches.com/Cata...onnection.aspx I have no experience with these hitches, but have yet to read or hear anything detrimental to their use.

1996 Dodge CTD auto, #100 fuel plate,advanced timing,upgraded turbo, 2006 Dutchmen 28' 5th wheel with a 12' slide out and 16' boat behind it all
MnTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
if you have a factory gooseneck ball hitch built into the bed, look on etrailer for their goosneck adapter for 5th wheel rails. i got it, I love it. Easy greasy.

Curt X5 5th Wheel Base Rails Adapter for B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Trailer Hitches - 20,000 lbs Curt Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Adapters 16310
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
As you know the Andersen is so light weight and convenient that its worth using in your new truck. I have only a GN hitch and use the Andersen Aluminum II...love it! I presume you have the rail mount version for your old truck. There are picture frame adapters for use in the factory puck systems that should allow the rail type Andersen to mount up if you didnt want to use their GN connected hitches (like the Curt mentioned above).

From my novice viewpoint, there are fewer connections involved in their GN hitches and are torqued down tight to the bed so it makes for a silent solid connection at the pin. Our travels this weekend were quite enjoyable thanks in part to the hitch. From looking at it it seems to me there might be some movement/noise from the rail mount system.

DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 PM   #5
We tow with the Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection which is attached to a goose neck ball. Our RAM is equipped with the factory-installed goose neck/5th wheel hitch prep package.

I am very happy with the Andersen and can't imagine why I would ever want to go back to a conventional style hitch.

Happy trails,
'15 Lifestyle 39 FB '15 RAM 3500 Laramie Ltd MegaCab 4X4 6.7L Cummins, Aisin trans, 4.10 gears Andersen Ultimate
NW Explorers is offline   Reply With Quote