Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Got my TPMS Today and Installed it.

Got my TPMS Today and Installed it. I got my Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System Today. Fast Service only 3 days since I ordered it. Installing it took about 20 minutes. I could have did it in 15 if I would have read the important part of the manual. Had to start over because I did not read all of the instructions. The Company that I got the system from sent along additional instructions which really simplified things all though the manual is quite detailed there are 3 different methods of programing the sensors which is a little confusing. The instructions that EZZ RV sent where much better and easy to follow.

so far everything is working and I am not using a Signal Extender or Booster. I will know more when I am on the Highway doing 55 MPH to see how good it works then. Will be going on a short 200 mile trip in a couple of weeks for the 4th of July Week end. The unit is called a 508 and I got it from EEZ RV Products. For those who are wondering what the unit looks like. Here is a link to some pictures that I took after it was installed. I used a piece of velcro and put the monitor on the top of the dash.
Click Here
Mel
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #2

One of the best things I have installed on my motorhome!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Good move. You won't regret it.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am on a short 2 day trip and my first test of my TPMS. It is working flawlessly without a booster in heavy florida rains. It is really nice to see how the pressures vary with temperature. My drivers side front tire on my toad runs about 8 degrees hotter than the passenger side at 55. I assume this is due to the exhaust from the engine.

Enjoy your system. You made a good move. I feel a lot safer now.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #5

Great system I love mine...
first5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I recall right after I got, and installed mine.. Had a slow leak on the towed, Added air, Added air, Added air, Added air finally got to the tire place where I found I"d been screwed, so they removed said screw under road hazard warranty and patched the tire, total cost to me $0.00.

Another customer of the same TPMS company got his, and did not install it right away.. 15 miles later folks are honking and pointing, over 2,000 in damage to his towed when the same tire I had go low took out the wheel well and fender and a bunch of other stuff, not to mention a new tire and rim...

GOOD decision (Installing it promptly).
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I wished someone honked at me when I lost the front tires (twice) on my toad. Had to replace calipers and rotors plus the tires. Never 100 percent sure of what caused it. So now if something happens such as a slow leak I will see it before it becomes a problem.

In addition to be able to see how my exhaust affects the driver side of the front toad tire, I can watch the temps and pressures of the back axle tires and monitor the gradual rise of both temps and pressure. All four come up in unison and agreement for both temp and press. If one tire starts to go bad by not agreeing with the other three then I will stop to inspect.

Wish I had one of these systems before I lost my toad tires.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #8

Mel,

I have been looking for a ten sensor TMPS system. The prices at EEZ RV Products are very low. Who makes the system they sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbell View Post
Got my TPMS Today and Installed it. I got my Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System Today. Fast Service only 3 days since I ordered it. Installing it took about 20 minutes. I could have did it in 15 if I would have read the important part of the manual. Had to start over because I did not read all of the instructions. The Company that I got the system from sent along additional instructions which really simplified things all though the manual is quite detailed there are 3 different methods of programing the sensors which is a little confusing. The instructions that EZZ RV sent where much better and easy to follow.

so far everything is working and I am not using a Signal Extender or Booster. I will know more when I am on the Highway doing 55 MPH to see how good it works then. Will be going on a short 200 mile trip in a couple of weeks for the 4th of July Week end. The unit is called a 508 and I got it from EEZ RV Products. For those who are wondering what the unit looks like. Here is a link to some pictures that I took after it was installed. I used a piece of velcro and put the monitor on the top of the dash.
Click Here
Mel
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
Mel,

I have been looking for a ten sensor TMPS system. The prices at EEZ RV Products are very low. Who makes the system they sell?
Like 99 percent of the after market TPMS Systems they are made or assembled in china. I have no Idea who makes them. I do know that the sensors and manuals are almost Identical to the System sold by TST. Call or email EEZ RV and ask them. The system will support up to 22 tires.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sure looks like the TST system. I just emailed TST late Friday for a price on a 10 sensor system with the Pressure Pro trade in. I'll have to see what they come back with. Never could get the PP system to reliably give me inside dual pressures and they leaked. And yes, I did get new gaskets and tried the external antenna (but not the electronic repeater)
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #11

The monitor is different than my TST 507 monitor, but the sensor is identical.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #12

X2 on the TST sensors, but my monitor looks different too. You'll be glad you have it.

Their price for additional sensors is quite a bit cheaper: $35 vs TST $50. I only have them on the 5th wheel right now, but know by watching that the TV would also be beneficial in preventing issues also.
Joe-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #13

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Sure looks like the TST system. I just emailed TST late Friday for a price on a 10 sensor system with the Pressure Pro trade in. I'll have to see what they come back with. Never could get the PP system to reliably give me inside dual pressures and they leaked. And yes, I did get new gaskets and tried the external antenna (but not the electronic repeater)
Well, TST came back and said the 10 sensor system is $559 and I'd get a 15% discount for trading in my PresurePro system. Problem is, the TST website shows the system as being $499. Emailed them back asking why the difference.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #14

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
The monitor is different than my TST 507 monitor, but the sensor is identical.
Has anyone checked the sensor/monitor readings against a known good or certified gauge?

The EZZ unit has a three year warranty vs two years for the TST, but if the company goes out of business it's not much help!