Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #1
Grand Design 379FL vs Lifestyle (Evergreen) 379FL

My husband and I are new to the world of RVs and are looking at getting our first Fifth Wheel. Right now, we have it narrowed down to two different fifth wheels, the 2016 Grand Design Solitude 379FL or the 2016 Lifestyle/Evergreen Bay Hill 379FL.

We are looking for opinions on both RVs and wondering if one was better than the other and the different ways one may be better than the other.

sakurablosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
GD Customer Service

Grand Design customer service is hard to beat. I have not heard anything (good or bad) about Lifestyle so I can't comment.

Check out the very active Grand Design Owner's Forum and Facebook page for more info.

2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT CC 4x4
Zac808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:21 PM   #3
I do not own either but from what l have read on these forums Grand Design seems to habe happier customers
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
Ford Super Duty Owner
Grand design is my vote too.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:06 PM   #5
Texas Boomers Club
We bought our GD Reflection 317 in December and have been very happy with it so far. Looked a lots of trailers and read lots of forums, and GD is highly rated by owners.
Ron & Ellen Norton
2016 Grand Design Reflection pulled by 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins
TexasPSDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #6
Evergreen is out of business. Maybe be a bargain if you can find one
2005 Bigfoot 1500C8.2 Truck Camper; MANY mods, to many to list
2007 Chevy 2500 Duramax Std Bed Ext Cab
garbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #7
Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
I have always read of great customer service from other members who have Grand Design units.
Unless it is recent, the GD fivers do not have the quiet air like that of the Lifestyle fivers.
The LS should have in in house built box frame over the GD.
We have a 2014 LS and it has been problem free, is solid, and has excellent fit and finish - especially on the interior.
I think you will be happy with either. Like a previous poster mentioned, dealers will be eager to move their LS inventory until LS/Evergreen decides what they are going to do. As of now, their doors are closed but they may reopen....time will tell. With that in mind, if you choose a LS, be sure you do a thorough PDI with your dealer and make him give a top rated after market warranty on the rig. All of the individual components will be covered by their own warranties including axles, a/c, appliances, etc.
Good luck!
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
2013 Chevy 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
Jacksonville, FL
jdpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #8
Evergreen probably won't be reopening, they have voided all remaining warranties. That should say something about them.

Aaron, Erica and Lizzy and Abby the Labs.
2001 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually Diesel
5ver TBA
Airmech is offline   Reply With Quote