Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
Texas Boomers Club
Grand Design Reflection

Anyone have pros or cons about these 5th wheels. We are thinking of our first fiver.

Ron & Ellen Norton
2016 Grand Design Reflection pulled by 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins
TexasPSDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #2
My DW and I looked at them but would upgrade to the Solitude by Grand Design. Some of the items we wanted were not offered on the Reflection such as the 6-point leveling system.

We ended up buying a Cedar Creek 34RL since this model offered more features and attachments that we both wanted. Such as room darkening shads not room darkening blinds (ox moron), and the 6-point leveling system with the wet bolts and bronze bushings with heavier shackles. Plus we did not want BLUE LED lights on the inside of the unit.

Jim & Jill
Sold: 2010 318SAB Cougar:New: 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL. 2008 Dodge 6.7LCummins the original 6.7L engine, w/68RFE Auto
jimcumminsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
1- I ask everyone who has them what they think and they all love them.
2- Researching them on the internet, the customer service is outstanding. If you can't get satisfaction from your dealer, Grand Design steps up and will have you take it elsewhere.
3- The Reflections are on my very, very short list to replace my Cougar High Country in a couple of years, probably the 337RLS model.
2015 F350 XLT PSD CCSB SRW, Andersen Ultimate hitch
'12 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde Pinbox
1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Grand Design is well spoken of. In Listening on their owners website, there are very few issues with the actual Grand Design built product. The issue is the third party parts like everybody else. The Furrion brand leaves much to be desired.
Alie & Jim 2009 CarriLite Max1
Volvo Dually Pickup
My keyboard is faster than yours
rollondown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
Any Grand Design unit would be a good choice. I've had my Solitude 369RL for almost 3 years and over 20,000 miles and am totally pleased with it..
2014 Grand Design Solitude, 369RL, #107
2016 Chevy 3500HD, SRW, Diesel/Allison
Gsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
We've got a Reflection 29RS. Very happy with it. We've had two issues, the awning material was starting to pull loose at the ends (power awning) Grand design sent me some rivets to replace the screws. They were willing to send them as it saved me a trip to the dealer. Also the Atwood furnace was not operating properly, I checked with a local rv repair facility to check if they were willing to do the warranty work, they agreed. Then contacted Grand Design customer service for permission. All including the repair was done in less than a week. From my experience and everything I've heard the customer service from Grand design is about as good as you will find.
milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
It is my understanding that the 2016's now also include the 6 point leveling system. So if that is a deal breaker like it was to another poster here, that's one less concern. We have the 27RL and most complained about issues were the KantLeak water valve and the Schwintek slide out motors. The Kantleak valve is no longer being used as Grand Design has gone with a totally different manufacturerer. The Schwintek early design motors have been "beefed up" and the complaints on these have been less. There is a Grand Design owners forum as well as a facebook page which will give you loads of owner feedback. Our Reflection is generally well built. It has a 3 year structural warranty. The company is extremly responsive to any after the sale issues and will send parts directly to you (if that's what you desire), will authorize mobile repair services if you can't get to a dealer(or the dealer can't get you serviced in a timely manner). I've owned RV's for 25 years from Jayco's, Coleman, Dutchmen, Cougar and by far the Grand Design is the best to deal with after the sale.
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
Grand Design Reflection

My old man just purchased a 2016 reflection 29rs nice rig all around he was very happy with it. Went out once Veterans Day weekend had a couple problems ( drip on cold water line going to cold side of Sink door side slide go stuck sucked in bottom seal they replaced seal and bad trim on a back side window and they replaced the window and couple little things.. was at dealer for 4 days not bad

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1448506752.323681.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	112768
Rich,242014 wildwood 27RLSS travel trailer
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 single cab dump
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #9
Texas Boomers Club
We bought a Reflection 317 yesterday. Waiting to pick up.
Ron & Ellen Norton
2016 Grand Design Reflection pulled by 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins
TexasPSDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:42 AM   #10
Go to the Grand Design Owners forum. They have just as many issues as any other brand. They need good customer service to set tham apart. But is that really setting them apart? If they were all that great they wouldn't have to rely on customer service.
My 3 yr old Northwood 5th wheel has had only a couple problems in that time. I never went back to the dealer.
JMO here but to me you need to build quality in not try and fix it in after it's sold.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:08 AM   #11
I've got a GD Reflection 37' bunkhouse with 4 sliders. What I like about the Reflections is that they're all towable with a 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Mine suits my needs perfectly, and we've not had the first warranty claim.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #12
Just being curious, have you weighed the setup, particularly the rear axle on your truck?
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites
'10 F450 new to me
'09 F450 Lariat 4x4--died
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #13
If bmaman has a 3/4 ton diesel then he's definitely over on payload but would definitely be under on RAWR. Just depends on how one wants to use the ratings.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #14
Is there a Grand Design owners forum here? If so I'm having a difficult time finding it within this app.

kwayRN is offline   Reply With Quote