Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #1

We are currently looking at a new fifth wheel. I saw my first Grand Junction at the RV show in Ft Worth, TX while travelling on business. They look well made, but the name is new (GJ). I realize Thor has been in business for a while, though, so I'm looking for input.

The model that caught our eye was the 35TMS which is a triple slide unit with the lav/bathroom on a "mid-level" platform (it can be accessed from either the bedroom or the main living area - a door shuts it off from either side.

http://www.grandjunction-rv.com/

The other other unit I've seen with this arrangement is in an Excel (which are waaaay too heavy for my tastes). The other candidate right now is a Keystone Everest 343L.

My biggest complaint with the GJ was the local dealer. It took 3 hours and I still couldn't get a price from him (just "what do you want your payment to be?") With the Keystone, we had a proice over the phone (a fair one) before we even drove on to the lot.

Any input from any Grand Junction owners out there? I know the Keystones appear to be good coaches.

2004 Dodge 3500 4x4 DRW HO/6 SPD B&W+Companion, Prodigy, Line-X, Pac Brake
JRMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2005, 11:41 AM   #2

We are currently looking at a new fifth wheel. I saw my first Grand Junction at the RV show in Ft Worth, TX while travelling on business. They look well made, but the name is new (GJ). I realize Thor has been in business for a while, though, so I'm looking for input.

The model that caught our eye was the 35TMS which is a triple slide unit with the lav/bathroom on a "mid-level" platform (it can be accessed from either the bedroom or the main living area - a door shuts it off from either side.

http://www.grandjunction-rv.com/

The other other unit I've seen with this arrangement is in an Excel (which are waaaay too heavy for my tastes). The other candidate right now is a Keystone Everest 343L.

My biggest complaint with the GJ was the local dealer. It took 3 hours and I still couldn't get a price from him (just "what do you want your payment to be?") With the Keystone, we had a proice over the phone (a fair one) before we even drove on to the lot.

Any input from any Grand Junction owners out there? I know the Keystones appear to be good coaches.

2004 Dodge 3500 4x4 DRW HO/6 SPD B&W+Companion, Prodigy, Line-X, Pac Brake
JRMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #3

We have a 34 foot Jazz XL, also manufactured by Thor. We have had our fiver for about a year and really love it. Ours has very good quality and seems to be built well. I've also seen the Grand Junction and like it as well. It comes with some features I wish ours had. The Mor Ryde suspension for one. I think you would be very pleased with this unit. The Everest seems also to be a good unit just by the looks.

To bad about the dealer acting stupid. This is just a sales tactic. Tell them what you will pay so they can manipulate the numbers in their favor. Talk to another salesman. Check the internet for other local dealers. Play the game back, refuse to negotiate until they show you their invoice then negotiate from there. Good luck.

2002 Chevy 2500HD CC/LB D/A
baddwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #4

We purchased a 2005 Grand Junction 35TMS in May.The line of ownership goes: Thor owns Dutchmen, who owns Colorado, who makes Grand Junction(this is the first year for GJ) Dealers are eager to close a deal these days with fuel prices and sales sagging. I use a different tactic dealing with sales people. I figure what we can afford to pay difference between the trade-in and the new unit, before talking price. I tell the salesman what I will give difference, and he may manipulate the trade-in value and new unit value however he chooses, but I will not deviate from my differential price. This effectively eliminates all the sales tactics they are taught to use. When we bought our GJ, the sales manager finally said he could get within $300 of our difference offer. I said thank you and began to get up from the chair and walk to the door. Before I reached the door he said "well it is only $300, and agreed to the deal. There are many Dutchmen dealers around, don't let one intimidate you!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote