Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #15

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I use dryer sheets and the bugs come right off. A used one works as well as a new one. Just keep it wet .
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Silicone spray. It just coats the paint and doesn't allow the bug to stick. Also silicone is in most waxes. Being a Ser. Mgr. I was given products to try all the time. Some we good. a few great. and some were crap. The best bug removal spray I was ever given was Bug Off from Best. It is fantastic.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #17

Carolina Campers
I recently found a product at General Dollar. It's called Awesome. I had been camping and had bugs and SAP on my travel trailer and truck. It takes the bugs and sap off with no problem. It works best if it has a couple of minutes to set on the area. After I use Awesome I relax the area. This product can be mixed to the desired strength. Hope this helps.
Mike KN4XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike KN4XP View Post
I recently found a product at General Dollar. It's called Awesome. I had been camping and had bugs and SAP on my travel trailer and truck. It takes the bugs and sap off with no problem. It works best if it has a couple of minutes to set on the area. After I use Awesome I relax the area. This product can be mixed to the desired strength. Hope this helps.
Be very careful with this stuff. Its primarily designed for degreasing and it is awesome at removing wax.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #19

Carolina Campers
I rewax the area I used it on. It worked for me. I keep my vehicles waxed on a regular basis.
Mike KN4XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I keep a coat of wax on the front and try to get the bugs off every night. Those buffs the women like to use in the shower work good and do not scratch.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When we were stationed in Germany one of my German neighbors introduced me to using an old pair of the wife's nylons with soap and water to remove bugs from the cars finish. Works great.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I live in SW Florida the land of the love bugs. The best thing I've found is use rainx on your windows and a good silicone polish on the front.
I agree with Billieg. I also live in Florida where the love bugs can actually turn the front cap of my 5th wheel looking like it was painted black. I've learned to be careful about using any cleaning product to spot clean the bugs. You can end up with spots all over the cap where you cleaned. Be patient and clean the entire cap with RV or car wash until all the bug marks are gone. Then wax, wax, wax. The wax itself removes any remaining bug marks.
ajlcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
RejeX works however you must allow it to cure for a full 12 hours OUT of the sun. This is hard to do on my 5vr as I do not have an RV port. Apply late in evening and let stay overnight. I used it on my white car and on the Honda Van. It really works, if you follow the directions exactly.
Corrosion Technologies Corp (Made in USA)
Nancy
ncason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
303 to protect. Soap, water and brush on long stick to remove bugs.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #25

(General Dollar. It's called Awesome.) I have used this and it works fine, you do need to dilute it and you should be fine. The price of it is good also.
Doug
2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles, Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic. Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner (local Company in Little Rock AR) 2
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you use the wet dryer sheets, keep a water hose in the other hand--Don't use them in the hot sun like I did
It takes about 30 min. to correct the dryed on film they leave.
They work great like everyone says, just don't let the film dry, scrub it off with soup and water ASAP.
They work great to remove the white and black streaks too.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
RejeX for me. A good coat of wax is not bad but do not mix the two. Wax will remove RejeX.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #28

What about baby oil? Folks were at the NASCAR races in KC with their new 2012 Montana Mountaineer 346LBQ, and a fellow camper said he put baby oil in a sprayer and sprayed the front cap with that. Said bugs just washed off with a hose when he returned home. Dad want's to try it, my concern would be over time being a petroelum based product it might affect the decals. Probably no worse than some knothead at the truck wash with a pressurewasher though. What's everyones thoughts on this? I have an Aeroshield on my truck and have very little bugs on our 5th wheel, but that's about the only benefit I can see to that.
Trent McCain is offline   Reply With Quote