Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #15

As another poster said, check out the Drv Suites owners website. A pretty loyal bunch and there must be a reason for that. Many are on their 2nd or 3rd Drv. We bought a Drv Mobile Suite last fall after owning a Drv Select Suites for 5 years and fulltiming. There's a thread for prospective owners to ask any question you like. Good luck

missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbarber View Post
Looking for information about any High End 5th wheel manufacturers, their products and of course reviews.
Here is a site that I used to look at MH's. You can purchase their data base for TT's, 5ers, Mh's etc. I found it to be VERY informative and a big help making my decision on which rig to buy.

https://www.rv.org

Old 09-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
The Keystone Alpine has so much beauty inside and a huge basement you will think your in a hotel room with a garage. They only use real wood and every corner has a cabnet door placed over it to make use of the empty space. All the cupboard doors open from both sides and they even thought of a special spot for the garbage can. The prices NuWay and DRV charge will give you heart burn but Alpine gives you your moneys worth and some change.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #18

I purchased a 2012 Alpine 3600RS and have ben happy with the fit and finish with only minor issues to be resolved. The convection microwave is wonderful to cook in. I had a custom mattress made for the 70 X 80 bedroom as the original did not sleep very good! All in all I love m new Alpine!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbarber View Post
Looking for information about any High End 5th wheel manufacturers, their products and of course reviews.
I would suggest you review each of those listed and generate a spreadsheet. List each item highlighted in the the spec sheet. This will give an apple to apple comparison. If there is a blank then call to get the answer. My quick review of these above mentioned manufacturers raised some questions.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We looked at a new Alpine earlier this year and decided we got a much better quality on a used Carriage Cameo. The ALpine was prettier with more glitz, but not as well built. Also the bath on the Alpines were lacking in space and storage.

Ken
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #21

Mid Atlantic Campers
Not trying to start something but Open Range is NOT high end. They where on my short list for a while but the build quality of the units we went through (and I mean went through) was not in line with there price structure.

As mentioned Excel, DRV, New Horizon, Continental Couch and NUWA are a few very well built rigs.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
We are shopping & the Excel looks good (also born in Kansas, go Jayhawks)
I don't see a Tub/Shower option, the wife wants the tub for soaking...
Kind of strange....
Bob

KE5FTF...Bob & Kathy
Bmaintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
i think Excel offers tub/shower combo. You can talk with Excel President Brian about modifying a floor plan to include tub/shower. He and his staff with chat with you personally about what you want. Always good to go to their website and create a Design Your Own and submit it. That gives Brian or Ralph a better idea of what you want. We are Excel owners since 2005 and full timers . Love the company and the people; our home on wheels is second to none.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Look at Lifestyle RV. They are just starting up. You can check them out here:

LIFESTYLE Luxury RV
Boy they sure look a lot like the Carriage product line; and if so, would make a very nice home on wheels.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Look at Lifestyle RV. They are just starting up. You can check them out here:

LIFESTYLE Luxury RV
Looks like they are using 6000 lbs axles only
My unit has 7000lbs axle and to me its the one reason I do own a heartland product

I went to an RV show in Tampa and looked at every high end units that was possibly better build then ours and I was the only one opening basement doors, and looking under for desent framing.
They all walked in the units and said Ohhhhh, well that is not inspecting product manufacturing quality. A good product has to have good base to sit on, and cover to protect it also.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
I loked at a brand new Lifestyle at a local dealer. It was very pretty with the full body paint but it had a tiny underbelly storage. Way less that I require to hold all my stuff.... I'm a full timer. It did have the little chair storage compartment like Carriage had.

not interested.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caissiel View Post
Looks like they are using 6000 lbs axles only
My unit has 7000lbs axle and to me its the one reason I do own a heartland product

I went to an RV show in Tampa and looked at every high end units that was possibly better build then ours and I was the only one opening basement doors, and looking under for desent framing.
They all walked in the units and said Ohhhhh, well that is not inspecting product manufacturing quality. A good product has to have good base to sit on, and cover to protect it also.
I was at the Hershey show on Friday and looked a LS37IK over real well. It is on par with what the NEWMAR Mountian Aire was.
As to the axles I was just reading the specs, and it say's 7000 lb axles Standard. Youcan also have the Moryde IS independant suspension installed, and then you have no axles.
This had to be the BEST rig I looked at all day, and we looked at DRV, KZ, and a whole bunch more.
Just my opinion, but for sure it is NICE.
1999 NEWMAR American Star (for sale) SOLD !!![* Newmar Kountry Kklub # 19708 * THOUSAND TRAILS * 2006 Chevy 3500 Dually Dmax/Ally SOLD* Curt Q20 (For Sale)* Prodigy P2 *US ARMY 1965-1967 * Disabled Vietnam Veteran 1966-1967 * Life Member VFW *
99-Am.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The management team at LifeStyle is the ones from Carriage. Evergreen is the parent and started up production and they sure like my Cameo.

Thor bought the Carriage name only and will probably bring out a cheaper namesake under the Redwood line.

Ken