Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Evergreen Owners Club
Hot & Cold water pressure

Why is there a difference in the water pressure between the cold water and the hot water? When we are using our water pump the cold water keeps the pump running correctly but when we turn on the hot water the pump sputters. I talked with the shurflow people and they told me how to adjust the pump but even if I adjust the pump there is still going to be a difference between the hot and cold pressure. Does the hot water line have some type of suppressor on it that can be removed?

Thanks
Cathy&Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #2

There could be a check valve in the outlet at the water heater , brass about 2" long.
Check all the by-pass valves at the water heater to make sure all are in the correct position.
But if this is a problem you've had with the RV, since it was new , then debris somewhere in the lines is a possibility.
Is the hot water flow ok when you're hooked to city water pressure?
Old 10-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #3

I assume that your water heater is in the kitchen slide.
So if you want hot water at the kitchen sink, it has to go all the way to the front under the bed (unless yours is different from mine), then all the way back to the sink. The longest run in the system. Takes time to get your hot water.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #4

Cold water comes directly off supply line
Hot water is feed from supply line into water heater tank then out hot outlet

Water flow to/thru water heater creates a little more restriction in flow then cold water system.....especially if a check valve is in hot out
Slight difference but can be noticeable especially on a small closed loop system like that in an rv
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
I assume that your water heater is in the kitchen slide.
So if you want hot water at the kitchen sink, it has to go all the way to the front under the bed (unless yours is different from mine), then all the way back to the sink. The longest run in the system. Takes time to get your hot water.
Water heater in kitchen slide......kitchen sink near by so why would hot water go all the way to front under bed and then back to feed kitchen sink???

Should be just a hot water main line with feeders coming off it at each sink/shower........waste of plumbing line to create a long loop
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

Check your winterizing valves - the 3 valves under the sink. They allow you to bypass the hot water heater for winterizing. One of them is probably not set correctly.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Water heater in kitchen slide......kitchen sink near by so why would hot water go all the way to front under bed and then back to feed kitchen sink???

Should be just a hot water main line with feeders coming off it at each sink/shower........waste of plumbing line to create a long loop
Because the kitchen sink is not in the slide but in the island.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:24 AM   #8

Don't remember any water heaters being in a slide??But surely I haven't seen them all...
No noticeable difference in our Suites between hot/cold, but closest to heater logically gets hot at faucet quicker than most distant faucet.
Adjusting the pump affects both hot/cold equally, I would think--again, not aware of adjustment on my Shurflo pump, maybe there is.
I vote for a restriction in the hot line coming out of the heater.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #9

Yes sure there are. My water heater is in the slide. Check your winterizing valves. There's not too many other things it could be.
FaithBowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:49 AM   #10

I didnt realize that when I changed my rig in my signature, that all of the posts that I made in the past would also be changed. I went over to the dark side and traded the 37RESL in on a Mobile Suites 41RssB4.

Tags
water, water pressure