Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #15

How do you clean the shower?

We got a water softener. Just spray the walls down with the shower wand, squeegee if you are picky.
Soft water solves all of our issues with mineral buildup, including pipes and faucets. Great suds, no itchy skin, spotless dishes.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #16

DW uses a mixture of vinegar, Dawn and water. She sprays it down and rinses. Comes clean.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #17

There is a product we use on our house ABS shower walls that work great. It is a spray on solution called "Spray and Forget" it is made by the same company that makes "Wet and Forget". Test this on a small surface before using and than follow the directions. You can google this on the Internet to find where it is sold in your area, I usually buy this at our locale Ace Hardware store. Works great and is very easy to clean the shower with just rinse every day and spray once a week with "Spray and Forget". We also use Rain-x on the glass doors to keep the water scum off of them.

Jim
Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
There is a product we use on our house ABS shower walls that work great. It is a spray on solution called "Spray and Forget" it is made by the same company that makes "Wet and Forget". Test this on a small surface before using and than follow the directions. You can google this on the Internet to find where it is sold in your area, I usually buy this at our locale Ace Hardware store. Works great and is very easy to clean the shower with just rinse every day and spray once a week with "Spray and Forget". We also use Rain-x on the glass doors to keep the water scum off of them.

Jim

You say "Spray and Forget" .....but isn't this really what you meant?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1433775415.678716.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	96626
Old 06-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #19

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
...It is a spray on solution called "Spray and Forget" it is made by the same company that makes "Wet and Forget".
Jim
I think he did mean Spray and Forget.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
You say "Spray and Forget" .....but isn't this really what you meant?

Attachment 96626
When I bought my first bottle which I sill have was called "Spray and Forget". I dug it out of the recycling bin. The name has been changed to " Wet and Forget for the shower" I just checked the bottle in the bath room(new) and they also have Wet and Forget Indoor". This is or mold and mildew disinfectant and cleaner. We have both for cleaning the bathrooms showers

Jim
Old 06-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
for future considerations - we found Rain-x applied on a CLEAN shower does wonders for how long it stays clean ! (even do this at home !)
Old 06-09-2015, 10:01 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
I wax the walls of the shower only and wipe the shower down after every use. We do that at home also...it only takes a couple of minutes and never allows that 'scum' to build up.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #23

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bath Scrubber. It's a little different compared to the standard Magic Eraser (has a specific cleaner for soap scum and is a bit bigger).
Old 06-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #24

I picked up a jug of Wet & Forget at my local Aubuchon Hardware and it was $2 cheaper than Amazon.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #25

I don't really care how she gets it clean, as long as dinner is ready by 6pm.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #26

We have a shower squeegee and wipe the shower & door down every time after a shower. CLR or Lime-A-Way will do a great job of removing hard water scale, as will vinegar. Once it's clean you can treat the shower walls with Rain-X for easier maintenance.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by road dogs View Post
We have a shower squeegee and wipe the shower & door down every time after a shower. CLR or Lime-A-Way will do a great job of removing hard water scale, as will vinegar. Once it's clean you can treat the shower walls with Rain-X for easier maintenance.

we do the same
Old 06-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #28

When I get home from a long trip I clean the shower and tub with one of the foaming spray cleaners. They all work about the same.
The correct thing to do in the first place is to wipe out the shower and tub after every use. We do it at home and on the road, not a big deal, takes 3 minutes and you don't have to deal with that mess.
My wife used to complain but she beats me to the shower first and then I wipe it dry when I'm finished.

Tags
shower