Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
When are you going to tow your trailer again?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #16

Well this is my first post, so figured I would make it a good one and tell on myself. In 2010 my wife got her first brand new automobile, a Nissan Armada and after about 2 months I used it to go pick up the kids at the movies. Well they were not in front where they usually meet me, and I was driving through the parking lot and some freaking how I ran into a light pole doing 42k in damages.
To this day, I don't have a freaking clue as to how I did that. Cops showed up and after I explained to them what happen they said my story did not make sense, I replied that I was the one driving and the story did not make sense to me either.
After a few weeks it hit me, that I gave each of my kids a free screw up with that one. There is no way I can say anything when that day comes that they did something like that.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:35 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandaanx View Post
Well this is my first post, so figured I would make it a good one and tell on myself. In 2010 my wife got her first brand new automobile, a Nissan Armada and after about 2 months I used it to go pick up the kids at the movies. Well they were not in front where they usually meet me, and I was driving through the parking lot and some freaking how I ran into a light pole doing 42k in damages.
To this day, I don't have a freaking clue as to how I did that. Cops showed up and after I explained to them what happen they said my story did not make sense, I replied that I was the one driving and the story did not make sense to me either.
After a few weeks it hit me, that I gave each of my kids a free screw up with that one. There is no way I can say anything when that day comes that they did something like that.
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Nice going...you made your first post on 12/12/12 at 5:55. And you left out part of the story...what did the wife say about her new Armada??

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #18

I hate pick up beds. The thing in the bed you want is just out of reach. I wanted a flat bed on my tow vehicle so I don't care if the bed gets dinged. 50,000 miles towing and 10 years, no dings yet.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #19

I don't like pick-up beds either...unless I am loading firewood, needing gravel for my site, throwing my kayak in the bed, carrying a load of mulch, a few bales of straw, wood chips etc. But for towing the 5er give me a hauler bed everytime.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It all boils down to this. The chances of making a mistake hitching or unhitching (includes dinging) is directly proportional to the number of people watching you.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #21

It was like calling my parents, I was almost temped to just walk away and never come back. I boxed for 15 years and had 200+ amateur fights and that 5'2" 98lb woman scares the hell out of me some times!