Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Scout thanks for the offer, tell me how you make them.
There's not a Retro Burger place in Kilgore.
Thanks for every one's help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Weed View Post
There's not a Retro Burger place in Kilgore.
I suspect he means any place that still makes old fashioned Texas hamburgers the same way we made them back in the 1950s. Mustard, pickles, onion, lettuce and tomato, quarter-pound of premium meat on a huge bun. In Stanton TX there's a drugstore with a fountain and grill, and they still make hamburgers with the same ingredients and the same type of grill and the same huge Rainbow buns that I used to make hamburgers when I worked there in the 1950s.

The modern equivalent of the old fashioned Texas hamburger is now available at a local chain called Texas Burger. Of course they also sell Yankee burgers, but if you simply ask for a Texas burger, you'll get one very close to the way I made them in 1956. If you ask for mayo instead of mustard, that's called a "sissy" burger. If you ask to hold the onions, that's a teenager burger. Right now the Texas Burger chain is limited to west Texas.
Texas Burger
But there may be a similar chain in east Texas. Ask around.

I lived in the Denver area for 20 years 1973-1993. Nobody there made anything close to a Texas burger until Sonic came to town around 1980. The new Sonic was about 20 miles across town from us, but we went there often just to get a good hamburger. It wasn't nearly as good as the ones at Stanton Drug, but we made do until we could visit the folks near Stanton.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Got mine at CampingWorld also... 90 Degree Water Hose Entry Elbow - Camco RV 22504 - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Lowes, Home Depot, anywhere they sell garden supplies. I use the the quick disconnect style from Lowes.
I'd like to see a picture of the quick disconnect one?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #33

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
I suspect he means any place that still makes old fashioned Texas hamburgers the same way we made them back in the 1950s. Mustard, pickles, onion, lettuce and tomato, quarter-pound of premium meat on a huge bun. In Stanton TX there's a drugstore with a fountain and grill, and they still make hamburgers with the same ingredients and the same type of grill and the same huge Rainbow buns that I used to make hamburgers when I worked there in the 1950s.

The modern equivalent of the old fashioned Texas hamburger is now available at a local chain called Texas Burger. Of course they also sell Yankee burgers, but if you simply ask for a Texas burger, you'll get one very close to the way I made them in 1956. If you ask for mayo instead of mustard, that's called a "sissy" burger. If you ask to hold the onions, that's a teenager burger. Right now the Texas Burger chain is limited to west Texas.
Texas Burger
But there may be a similar chain in east Texas. Ask around.

I lived in the Denver area for 20 years 1973-1993. Nobody there made anything close to a Texas burger until Sonic came to town around 1980. The new Sonic was about 20 miles across town from us, but we went there often just to get a good hamburger. It wasn't nearly as good as the ones at Stanton Drug, but we made do until we could visit the folks near Stanton.
SmokeyWren I was raised in Odessa TX, heck first fast food place I recall going to was at Texas Burger on Andrews Hwy. Looking at there site that was the first one. It had a walk up window and painted mustered yellow. The grilled onions to me is what makes it a old time hamburger, lotís of mustard and a cherry pepper on top! I love to eat cherry peppers due to getting them there. Meat wasnít to thick, but it was a big burger they where original smashed burgers. They said it was started in 1967 that make me 12, seems I was more 5 or 6, maybe he was second owner. Heck we where only a few blocks away from it. Also donít forget those foot long hot dogs with fresh cut onions, chili and cheese on top. Thanks for the memories.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #34

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Also problem I have buying from camping world, they want $11.00 for shipping and I have Good Sam's. They don't save me any thing shopping there. Looked at Amazon and they only charge $3.49. This make me wonder if I'll renew my Good Sam's next year, all I get from them is more advertisement, I haven't save a thing.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, if you don't like shopping camping world by mail, You very likely have a Lowes nearby.

I'm sure Home Depot can do it too. So can any plumbing supply house and many hardware stores.

Shop Watts Braided Rough Brass Washing Machine Connector at Lowes.com
Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #36

Send a message via ICQ to wandering1
So why dont you go to camping world, an rv dealer, walmart, lowes, or home depot and get one? I dont think anyone on the forum is going to send you one.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering1 View Post
So why dont you go to camping world, an rv dealer, walmart, lowes, or home depot and get one? I dont think anyone on the forum is going to send you one.
Wandering1

Did you read the forum, I think I said I had gone to Wal, Lowes and home depot, they where out. I even included pictures of a empty shelf for a laugh. Also I don't think I ask any one to send me one. Matter of fact someone offered if I took them out for a hamburger, I said no. Did you read that part. I don't have to beg from any one or take charity. I sure hope your just jerking my chain.
Matter of fact walmart finely had two.
So here's a before and after pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterHose angle.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	33157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hook up.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	33158  

Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #38

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks every one for READing the post and trying to help.
Walmart finaly cam thru..
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #39

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wal Mart, Lowes and Home Depot. If they do not have it, they can order it, All have free site to store shipping.. Wal-Mart can often get it there in as little as. Well, I ordered Sunday and it is there waiting for me tonight. Will send wife to get it tomorrow since it's hers.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #40

Well clearly this was a mistake getting involved in this. I checked my Visa statement the place is called Whata burger unit 650 Kilgore Texas. Secondly I went to Van isle Water Services and spoke to a helpfull young lady who saw the pic and was going to put one together dry so it could be glued together after shipping. No charity, just helping someone out.

On edit, Wandering 1, it would have been mailed tomorrow or Friday if Marcy could get the right parts.

I will make a couple up for my RV.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #41

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks every one for your help I didn't mean to insult any one.
I posted pictures of how it turned out looks better..
Moderator you can now can pull the plug on topic!
Thanks for every ones replies..
Thanks for all the offers of help.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #42

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another options (I looked but did not find on line)

Most hardware stores including Lowes and Home depot have a collection of adapters.. For this you need one 90degree elbow, it can be a street elbow or a straight elbow (Street have internal threads on one end, external on the other)

You will need two hose adapters, One male, One female, matching the elbow, 3/4" Elbow is the easiest to use here.

Screw 'em together, instant 90 degree hose adapter, this is also high quality as those adapters are made of good SOLID brass, not brass foil. I've yet to find a hardware store that did not stock everything you need for that.