Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #15

Try this site. Its a treasure trove of info on Carriage products.
http://www.carriage-lifestyle-owners.com/index.php
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Thanks every one for your replys
Old 04-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
From what we saw and reading Carriage is/was one of the top builds in the industry and we have/would consider them in the future for a newer used unit. Recently however, I was on a Carriage owners forum to read what owners are saying and came across a thread on problems with them. One guy said it was the worst 5ver he ever owned, roof separation, something others mentioned. They traded it away. That really puzzled me since I would not have guessed that with this brand. I would say before you buy any new or used unit, read as many reviews from folks who own them and hear what is being said. I would still consider them because of what I have seen but will be a little more concerned and get a thorough inspection before I made a purchase. Also, I like to know there is a company standing behind me to give me support and take care of any issues. For that I think Petersen's Excel is perhaps best out there. Those folks really build and quality unit and will always go above and beyond to give take care of customers from all the forums I have read.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I seen a Excel other day with a rear kitchen.
Actually had a antique dining room set in it.
We have seen some rear kitchens we really like.
BigHorn has one 3370RK thats really nice lots of
storage every where. Just don't know about heartland.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #19

We have a 2010 Cameo 35SB3 and had a problem with the kitchen slide. However, it was a quick fix at less than $200. We are thrilled with our RV and the Carriage brand.
Crikket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crikket View Post
We have a 2010 Cameo 35SB3 and had a problem with the kitchen slide. However, it was a quick fix at less than $200. We are thrilled with our RV and the Carriage brand.

Where did you get yours fixed and what did they do?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #21

Our slide was repaired at Summit RV in Tacoma, WA. They knew immediately what the problem was. According to the invoice, the tech "remodified the motor" moving it and repositioning. I don't know the details. The bill was $180.00 for the fix. It has worked perfectly ever since.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We had the same repair done and it loosened again and ruined the gear and motor.

So far it has held up to about 7 or 8 cycles of out and in.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #23

That's unfortuate. Ours has been fine so far and we have had it in and out quite a bit.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #24
mpj

Cameo Kitchen Slide

We have a 2010 36' Cameo with the huge slide and have not had a problem. We love the space it gives us. Lifestyle RV - a new company - has the same floor plan and the same slide.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #25

Regarding the full wall slide (FWS), I found that there is a 2 piece long shaft running the full length of the FWS from the motor toward the front and rear of the coach. The motor and shafts are located behind a rear panel inside the front storage compartment (left side of the coach). There you see the drive motor with a chain drive mechanism which drives one shaft extending to the front of the FWS and a 2 piece shaft with an adjustment plate with slots extending to the rear of the FWS. This adjusting plate assures the 2 rear shafts are "in time" with each other when turning the gears on a the racks which bring the FWS in and out.
I have had to adjust mine several times when I notice the FWS getting slow or in a bind otherwise, it puts a real strain on the motor which now has been upgraded to a more powerful one.
notewriter is offline   Reply With Quote

« CDL | Roof repair. »