Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #1

Infinity 40' by Dutchmen

We are in an 39' TS DP now. We are thinking of this new 5th, as we will be full time and staying in Fl for extended periods of time. We think we know all the pros and cons of 5er versus the DP. My ? is does anyone have any info on the Infinity 5th wheels. We have found a new one and love the floorplan and options. So what can you tell us? Thanks everyone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #2

New Horizons Owners Club
My only quick suggestion would be to check the warranty to insure that it is covered for full timing 24x7. Some RV warranties specifically exclude coverage when used for full timing. Here is a link to a thread that goes into quite a discussion on full timing
Fulltiming

greyt-parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dutchman will be a considerable step down from a TS. Why not look at high end used 5ers and get a better trailer for the money.

Ken
Old 08-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #4

we have a new infinty 3870fk we love it so for we or full timers just got it in april onley pulled it about 600 miles it is grait
Old 08-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have an 2013 Infinity 3850RL, absolutely chosen for floor plan. We've had it for 2 months, so far we love it. And the 6-way one button levelers work great. Unhook, push the button, put out the slides, done. Ultimately you have to decide what you want. There was couple at the factory, getting a water heater replaced, when we were picking ours up, who said they were fulltiming. They were pleased with the treatment they were getting, as they had to stay there for a few days for the repairs to be done. Dutchmen techs were helping them move their stuff so they could get to the water heater. So they were being taken care of even though they were living in their fifth wheel. We really like our Infinity.
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #6

JudyH, can u update us on your experience as I take delivery on same model in 3 weeks. Thank u
Old 11-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #7

Go with a new unit and you will never regret it. Fulltiming warranty is somtimes vague. If your traveling I don't think it would be an issue on the other hand they never asked if we were fulltiming or not and we didn't tell them so the warranty wasn't an issue they covered what we needed. More of a dealer issue than builder issue
Old 11-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This is our second one of the same model. The first was a 2012, and they replaced it for us with a 2013. We love this one, but I suggest you do a detailed pre-delivery-inspection. Some where on this site is a list of all the things to check. The nice people at the factory sometimes overlook obvious stuff. Don't drive away with it until you are satisfied, as although the warranty is good, it is way harder to go back than to get them to fix it before you sign. They want you to take it so they will fix all the little things much quicker at that time. Best of Luck!! Hope you love yours as much as we do! Pay special attention to the galley slide, as that was the problem we had with the first one. And check all the blinds, put them up and down. Look under the table and see if they got the screws all the way in to the wall. The drawers need adjusted to be sure they latch, and the kitchen faucet should turn a little stiff. Anyway those were our finds on ours, just a bunch of minor stuff. Oh have them show you where the fresh tank drain is, as it isn't where you'd think it is.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
This is our second one of the same model. The first was a 2012, and they replaced it for us with a 2013. We love this one, but I suggest you do a detailed pre-delivery-inspection. Some where on this site is a list of all the things to check. The nice people at the factory sometimes overlook obvious stuff. Don't drive away with it until you are satisfied, as although the warranty is good, it is way harder to go back than to get them to fix it before you sign. They want you to take it so they will fix all the little things much quicker at that time. Best of Luck!! Hope you love yours as much as we do! Pay special attention to the galley slide, as that was the problem we had with the first one. And check all the blinds, put them up and down. Look under the table and see if they got the screws all the way in to the wall. The drawers need adjusted to be sure they latch, and the kitchen faucet should turn a little stiff. Anyway those were our finds on ours, just a bunch of minor stuff. Oh have them show you where the fresh tank drain is, as it isn't where you'd think it is.

Judy,
I have the 3750FL and I am considering buying a trailair pin box, do you run the standard pin box or did you upgrade...and what are your thoughts
thanks, Pat
Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #10

One problem for sure maybe two!

1) frame only 10 inches - that's small for a trailer that size/weight!
2) on web site they say; one piece floor decking - is that tongue and groove marine grade plywood or OSB? A lot of people don't seem to mind OSB, (I do) but in construction the plywood is the most preferred flooring!
I've said this before (maybe @ rv.net) that the Infinity is a fine looking trailer,but that looks are skin deep, that frame needs to be 12"!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #11

Do you own one? If not, then you should do more research, as for those of us who do, and understand modern engineering, the Infinity for the price is a great deal. If you want to step up and spend 140k, then go the the elite suites which we plan to do one day soon. For now, we have been very happy with our 3850 that is loaded, option missing and frame is fine.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redalertsc View Post
Do you own one? If not, then you should do more research, as for those of us who do, and understand modern engineering, the Infinity for the price is a great deal. If you want to step up and spend 140k, then go the the elite suites which we plan to do one day soon. For now, we have been very happy with our 3850 that is loaded, option missing and frame is fine.
Not sure if your are referring to me? No big deal if you are. I am not mad.

I stand by my statement though. "IMO"

I agree with you about the cost of the new horizons, drv's....
I would own one if I had the resources, as for now and probably for the rest of my life (much closer to the end than the beginning) I'm happy with my Cedar Creek.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the standard hitch on ours, but are thinking about getting one of the air hitches. It really pulls nice just as it is. I don't really know what some of the posters on here have against Dutchmen, but seems like the same ones always with the discouraging words. We like our Infinity, and hope everyone likes what they have too, regardless of brand.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
We have the standard hitch on ours, but are thinking about getting one of the air hitches. It really pulls nice just as it is. I don't really know what some of the posters on here have against Dutchmen, but seems like the same ones always with the discouraging words. We like our Infinity, and hope everyone likes what they have too, regardless of brand.
Judy,
I for one do not have anything against Infinity. The OP asks "does anyone have any info on Infinity 5th wheels" IMO 10 inch frames are small for that size of a trailer. I also stated that I'm not sure what the sub floor is made of. I have had numerous conversations on forums about OSB and Marine grade plywood.

I have also made this statement numerous times before that the Infinity is a beautiful looking trailer! But IMO the frame is small and "I" don't like OSB.

These comments are my thoughts and were for the OP and not to offend anyone who owns a Infinity, and I can understand how people can take it as an attack. I may feel same way if someone had said something perceived as negative of Cedar Creek. Especially when you love your trailer and when nothing wrong occurs with yours. Not to mention the money spent.