Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #1

Does anyone on here own, or have any previous experience with the Rockwood line of fifth wheels owned by the Forest River Corp, some of the things I would like to know is, are they built well for a lite weight 5er, I also was wondering if their insulated well enough to use has a 4 season RV, because they do advertise that they are built with a heated and enclosed underbelly.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #2

Does anyone on here own, or have any previous experience with the Rockwood line of fifth wheels owned by the Forest River Corp, some of the things I would like to know is, are they built well for a lite weight 5er, I also was wondering if their insulated well enough to use has a 4 season RV, because they do advertise that they are built with a heated and enclosed underbelly.

Old 01-14-2005, 06:50 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I have a 2002 Rockwood 2710. Have had it for just over 3 years now and no major problems. For an ultra lite trailer, I felt it was one of the best built lite trailers in its class. When looking at any lite trailer, expect to see less sturdy construction material. That is just nature of keeping the weight down. Although I use my trailer year round, I would not consider it a 4 season triler, more of a 3 season trailer. I have never had a problem wiht the heated tanks as long as you have electric hookup, otherwise they will drain your batteries in short order. As for insulation, they use foam block insulation. Not the most efficient, but again, a weight tradeoff, it is lighter. When camping in the winter I always have an electric heater so I do not use the furnace as much, but do need both to keep up in the really cold weather (Below 30F). I have received nothing but exceptional customer service from Rockwood and my dealer. For a lite trailer I would recommend Rockwood.
Old 01-15-2005, 03:38 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
wife and I checked them out real well when we started looking @ Fivers......seemed to me to be one of the better "lite wt." rigs out there....good construction and all the amenities you'd want out of a rig...fit and finish was pretty good as well.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote