Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 06:39 PM   #1

Input on waterless wash

Was curious to hear any thoughts on using waterless car or RV wash. I personally have never used it but I have been thinking of using it on my 5th wheel. So I would love to hear the pros and cons please. Thanks
wwenstad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I've looked at the ingredients via the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and it appears to be mostly water (90%).

Here's a previous thread by some good folks that love the stuff.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/water...sh-232485.html
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #3

We have used Wash Wax All on our 5'r since it was new. It's a good product that beads up like wax and protects against oxidation. It's easy to use, the initial kit is pricey but well worth it. We use another waterless product on the windows, Dri Wash n Guard, it does a great job on the windows.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
While I haven't gotten around to using it o the MH yet, I bought a gallon of The Solution from Super-Seal and did my pickup, DW's SUV and my Harley. I was a little skeptical at first, but found it to work quite well. The red SUV looks like it was just waxed! I've done the pickup twice now and the others once and used just under a quart so I figure about a quart and a few hours to do the whole MH. Much easier than wash and then wax and looks just as good.
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I am Old School when it comes to waxing. I still like the rub on paste waxes but they are getting harder to find. So as with all changes of technology I thought I'd give these quick easy to put on ones a try.

This was recommended by several members of the AR WBGO club (ARK-A-BAGO) . Wax as U Dry available at O'Riley's. It also has Eagle One on the container. It a little different. It's recommended that you wash your vehicle first. When applying they recommend spraying water on the area then the Eagle One. Wipe with a soft cloth.

I've tried several of these type of detaining finishes and this one does not leave smudges as most of the others do. So far I like this stuff and it's only about $7 for 23 FL.OZ.

TeJay
Old 04-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As an ex-Dry Wash N Guard distributor/dealer I can say that I still like it and use it on both cars and the MH. After 12 years the Dutch Star still looked great and more than one person thought it was new. Plus I like the fact that it can be applied in full sun (did that in Yuma even). Easy to use too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
So I have used it once and like the easy application and the look after, so here is my question, How often does one have to do a complete application to one's MH with waterless wash.

I have a California mop and give it a wipe when I hit my park area, and it looks good but would like to have it real shiny all the time.

Tags
water