Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2018, 07:29 AM   #1

inside panels

How are the inside panels attached to the studs on the inside?
outbackmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackmac View Post
How are the inside panels attached to the studs on the inside?
Glue
ALLOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #3

inside wall

I have a leak on the rear wall between the corner and the window, soft spot near the floor about 18 inches up, above that wall paper loose. i had a estimate for repairs, they want to remove the entire wall and replace for over 5 grand. just crazy. looking for suggestions on what to do. Yes i found and fixed the leak. i will post pics very soon.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #4

Can you patch it with a piece of trim board or even wall paper border. As long as the leak is fixed, the interior panel is probably not a structural part of the wall, just a covering. You would need to fix the flooring by cutting out the soft wood and replace with new, then lay the old carpet/vinyl back down.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #5

inside

best i can tell no soft spots or damage to the floor.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #6

Sell it or trade it. No trailers worth dumping $5K into for repairs. You won't get a penny of that back if you sell it or trade it after the spots fixed. I'd park it next to a cliff and forget to place the rear chocks.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:12 AM   #7

Depends on how handy and creative you are. Had two locations on our former motor home that I repaired. Once you start you are commited. Peal off the rotted luan (thin wood paneling). Most likely you will need to have the window removed. Next take a square measure and cut the paneling just outside of the rotted area, peel that paneling away. If you can't find luan in your area I went to Menard's and found a sheet of wall paneling that was the same thickness...it was textured on the finished side but I glued that side down to the foam insulation and metal joists and used the unfinished side as the new surface for the interior repai. Use lots of boards and clamps to hold the panel tight until adhesive is cured. Fill and smooth space where the new paneling buts up against original paneling. Go to a wallpaper store and find some that closely matches up and wallpaper the whole wall and reinstall the window. You have to be creative in bracing (clamping) the lower sections of the paneling.
neub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #8

Depends on brand and build. Many are stapled. You should be able to order the luan wall board if you are doing it yourself or buy similar panel and do what Neub suggested in previous post.

Good luck.
Gigattime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel