Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #1

Installing seal around corner on slideout

I have a 38' Teton 5th wheel. The seal around the kitchen slide needs replacing (19' long slideout). Is there a preferred method of mounting the seal around the two top corners? I've seen some folks add screws to the seal that is just wrapped around the corner. And I've heard one installer mention that there is a way to fold the seal at the corner.

Any experience in ways to do it right?
Mike3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #2

I replaced the wiper seal on mine last year on my Carri Lite. Are you refering to the wiper seal or the one that is against the flat surface on the outter edge of the slide out? On mine, the wiper seal is three pieces. Top and two sides. The corners are cut 45ed but I cut mine long so they would overlap.
eagle1tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #3

Replaced the seal around our bedroom slide last summer--it is an awkward job but not real difficult. The seal has an adhesive backing that sticks good to the slide flange, but be sure the surface is clean before installing the new one. I made sure I bought plenty of length and started at the top, going around the corners slowly--did not cut, nor screw it in at the corners--and made the connect at the bottom. Might help to have a second set of hands available. It has held up well, now need to redo the other 2 slides. Take a sample with you to the RV parts house so you are sure you get the same seal--lots of different designs and little differences are hard to remember if you don't have a sample.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #4

Use a little super glue to hold them together, as well make sure the top seal overlaps the sides to prevent leaks. Good luck and happy camping!!!!!
rv.guru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, slideout