Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
Installing Small Flat Screens In 5er

I want to install a couple of small flat screen tv's in my newly acquired 5er. Is the process about the same as in a regular house. Find a wall stud and lag bolt the wall mount to it. Are the studs in a travel trailer wall the same as conventional houses, are they on 16 or 18 inch center?

Thank you all,

Dave, Vanessa & Mindye
SFC E-7, US Army Retired
2003 Kit Road Ranger 5th Wheel
dvkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Process, Same: yes
Stud Spacing: Varies
Stud size: Often 2x2 instead of 2x4 but basically the same, May be metal though in a Manufactured Home (motor homes fall into that class, as do trailers) but likely wood.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
You need to use short lag bolts, however.

My fifth wheel trailer has metal plates installed on the studs for television mounting. I'm going to use a swing out style mounting, and remove the televisions before transporting it.

I'm mounting a 29" and 32" televisions in my bunkhouse fifth wheel to go along with the 39" in the living area.

Don't sell yourself short in size, as a 19" flat screen doesn't look as good as one of the old style 4:3 19" televisions.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
When we had our 07 jayco designer, we replaced the bedroom and den tv with led. The bedroom was easy. It fit the opening perfectly. The den tv took a total reconfiguration of the cabinetry since the tube tv was " square". We needed up mounting to a bracket that bolted to the shelf rather than going into the wall. Much more secure, in my opinion, but it depends upon your current configuration. Good luck!
Paul A.
Scranton, PA
2013 Aspire 42RBQ
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
PPAinPA is offline   Reply With Quote

install, scr