Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #15

TXDIANIMAL,
I was referring to the new unit sticker price, but often the sticker price is decided on by the selling dealer, allowing a larger discount. There is no way to know what to ask for on used units--best way is to scour the internet (RVTraderonline.com) (pplmotorhomes.com) and such to see if you can find comparable units.
I have a feeling from your first post that you may not have researched this long enough. ExploreUSA is a large mulit-location dealer and I have heard some reviews both good and bad.
Best of luck.
Joe

'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:11 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDIANIMAL View Post
How do you find out who previous owner is?

?
Get it from the dealer, if they won't co-operate, beware.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
There are a lot of negative reviews out there about explore USA. There is no way that I would pay close to sticker price on a used model and that's what it is at the end of the day. Whatever a dealer is asking on the sticker price is never what you end up paying. I think we paid 20% less than the sticker sale price for our new rig. At the end of the day just based on what I read in yelp reviews I wouldn't deal with this dealership. There's lots of other 5ers out there. Don't be in a rush to grab this one. Its overpriced.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #18

You are questioning this so much, you know you don't want this one.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:29 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I would make every effort to talk to the previous owner. You can be sure they took a beating when they traded a basically "new" unit in. Try to find out from them if the change to a Toy Hauler was their true motivation.
Quote:
How do you find out who previous owner is?

The dealership said they checked it thoroughly and its good to go...........
REALLY??
do these salesmen also have swamp land in Arizona For Sale?

Quote:
Should I hire independent qualified ? to come check it out? If so how do you find someone?
you could start by asking here on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Get it from the dealer, if they won't co-operate, beware.

X2 on that.

If you can't make contact with the PO, I'd tell the dealer NO SALE.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
TXDIANIMAL,
I was referring to the new unit sticker price, but often the sticker price is decided on by the selling dealer, allowing a larger discount. There is no way to know what to ask for on used units--best way is to scour the internet (RVTraderonline.com) (pplmotorhomes.com) and such to see if you can find comparable units.
I have a feeling from your first post that you may not have researched this long enough. ExploreUSA is a large mulit-location dealer and I have heard some reviews both good and bad.
Best of luck.
Joe
No, actually I have researched the prices for about a week now. I cant find any prices for used 2014's on this model. I have found prices for NEW 2014s for about $2,000 more than the $38,000 they are asking for used 2014 unit but those quotes are from wholesalers up north who would have to transport the trailer here to Texas which would cost me approx. $1800 plus then I have to pay the state taxes, etc. Then if I didn't buy the trailer from ExploreUSA... they are my authorized dealer to do repairs (if needed) I would be at bottom of list to get repair work done....thus long waiting times.
I really like the trailer, weight etc.

I would like independent company to check trailer out to make sure all is really ok...but have no idea how to locate someone who does this. Any suggestions. The dealer said they checked it out with fine tooth comb and all looks good.

I have checked prices at ppl and rvtrader. I even went to PPL in new Braunfels and liked a 2007 Select Suite listed at $30,900. They would not budge on price. I check their listing often.

PS-The wholesalers/dealers close to the manufacturing company even offer good prices for NEW 2015's...but I need lower rather than higher. I am also newbie and would like someone to do walk thru with and show how to operate everything in/on 5th wheel.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
REALLY??
do these salesmen also have swamp land in Arizona For Sale?
Are you implying all dealers do this?
Old 06-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Are you implying all dealers do this?
No, why would you ask me that question? I have NEVER bought a RV of any type before. I am just trying to learn things and to know what is normal practice and what is not!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #23

I gave up on the used Gateway 3200RS. I am now pursuing a new one. This model is in correct weight zone for us.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #24

Quote:
No, why would you ask me that question? I have NEVER bought a RV of any type before. I am just trying to learn things and to know what is normal practice and what is not!
I didn't ask you, I quoted Mekanic.