Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Is HWH still selling to the public?

I called HWH to order a jack: girl that answered the phone asked if I was a dealer; I said no but I wanted to order a jack for my motorhome; she said she would take my telephone number and have the parts department call me, that was three days ago. I called yesterday and got the same reply. still no call.
business must be great to ignor a customer that just wants to order a $600 jack.

Found 2 on EBay, bought them both (new ones) for the price HWH would have charged me for one.
__________________

__________________
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
RickO's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Litchfield Park, Arizona
Posts: 10,530
They've never been great about fast response times but from what I've heard lately, they've been buried and TAT's have become very long.

I had the slide bushings on my two front slides replaced a couple weeks ago and my shop could barely make contact with them at all.

Rick
__________________

__________________
Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rocky Larson's Avatar
 
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 604
Quick and easy order from HWH

I e-mailed HWH my request for parts (springs, selenoid and jack) late Saturday. Monday morning "Joe" called me to confirm item numbers and and to get additional information. I provide the info with payment that afternoon. Parts arrived 4 days later. BTW, jack was only $302.
This was all two weeks ago. Took me better part of Saturday morning to install all three but got it done by myself with a little internet research.
__________________
04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 03 Honda CRV/2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, 7 Group 31 Optima AGMs, 2000watt PSW inverter
"Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
They've never been great about fast response times but from what I've heard lately, they've been buried and TAT's have become very long.

I had the slide bushings on my two front slides replaced a couple weeks ago and my shop could barely make contact with them at all.

Rick
If I had a business that had so much busness that it took me two days to return a call that involved an order I would hire some more help.
It;s only a madder of time before the Chinese see an opportunity and start making jacks for motorhomes.
__________________
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
HWH help and information

HWH Corp is currently VERY challenged in helping their customers. If you do not need help, you can order parts on-line. If you need to talk to someone, good luck! They are currently only taking messages. Return calls from those messages are running SEVEN (07) to TEN (10) days later! A week or more to call a customer back? Lots of other applications than RV's use their hydraulic systems, from dump bodies to snow plows, etc. Too bad that their business success let's them be so arrogant in dealing with the customers who help them be successful.
__________________
freebirdbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdbus View Post
HWH Corp is currently VERY challenged in helping their customers. If you do not need help, you can order parts on-line. If you need to talk to someone, good luck! They are currently only taking messages. Return calls from those messages are running SEVEN (07) to TEN (10) days later! A week or more to call a customer back? Lots of other applications than RV's use their hydraulic systems, from dump bodies to snow plows, etc. Too bad that their business success let's them be so arrogant in dealing with the customers who help them be successful.
I can't understand why someone hasn't jumped in and gave them some compatition.
Someday this may come back and bite them. and they may wish they treated there customers a little better. What goes around, comes around.
__________________
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Found 2 on EBay, bought them both (new ones) for the price HWH would have charged me for one.

Help me find that deal.. the used ones I see on ebay cost what HWH wants for a new one.

I had to try several times before someone would help me on new vs rebuild options at HWH....

I'm quasi tempted to try and have them rebuilt locally.
__________________
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
Help me find that deal.. the used ones I see on ebay cost what HWH wants for a new one.

I had to try several times before someone would help me on new vs rebuild options at HWH....

I'm quasi tempted to try and have them rebuilt locally.
Never; never; buy used, some one took them off because they had a problem with them. when I get mine off I'll sell it real cheap. =====no I won;t I wouldn;t want to jip someone.
Some one wrote in somewhere that they double springed theirs and they had no more problems.; I may just give that a try. I will have replaced three jacks in three years because they wouldn;t come up. maybe double springs is the answer.
__________________
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,885
That's an interesting answer. Our rears will come up with a good deal of help (jack)...

I wasn't planning on buying used.

Anyone know of a non-HWH rebuild option that knows HWH jacks?
__________________
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Larson View Post
I e-mailed HWH my request for parts (springs, selenoid and jack) late Saturday. Monday morning "Joe" called me to confirm item numbers and and to get additional information. I provide the info with payment that afternoon. Parts arrived 4 days later. BTW, jack was only $302.
This was all two weeks ago. Took me better part of Saturday morning to install all three but got it done by myself with a little internet research.
I spoke with Joe Portelli (one of the managers at HWH) last week who apologized for the long delays (week to ten days or more) that telephone service and parts customers are currently experiencing. He said the company is going thru a "transition". It seems all of their current company's focus is on internet sales. Rocky's experience seems to confirm that. Good if you know exactly what you need, not so good if you need technical help from them.
__________________
freebirdbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 206
Hi

My experience with HWH has been good. Their service department, parts department and even their engineering department went out of their way to help me with a unit I was working to help a widow. But you must at all cost avoid their arrogant, smart mouthed sales department.

Phil P
__________________

__________________
53 years towing experience. Largest load ever hauled on a public highway was 300,000lbs 30ft wide 70ft long and 22ft high max speed 15mph.
3665RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hwh



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.