Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

Jayco

Looking at new jayco pinnacle 36fbst. Anyone have experience with these or issues? Thanks
smithsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2015, 04:19 PM   #2

The Jayco Forums is another place to ask.

Jayco RV Owners Forum
Us out West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:48 PM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
The Jayco Owners Forum is not the best place to get opinions on Jayco products since the mods there will censor whatever they consider to be excessive negativity against Jayco products.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
The Jayco Owners Forum is not the best place to get opinions on Jayco products since the mods there will censor whatever they consider to be excessive negativity against Jayco products.
You are completly wrong as there is no censorship in the Jayco Owners Forums.

If you have ever been there you would know that.

Shame on you!!
Us out West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:42 PM   #5

All I can say is that the Friends we travel with just traded their less than a year old Pinnacle because of so many problems, including a front landing jack ripping loose from the frame.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsm View Post
Looking at new jayco pinnacle 36fbst. Anyone have experience with these or issues? Thanks
We have an Eagle which is not as nice as Pinnacle but really nice to us.We would buy anther Jayco if we decided to get a bigger 5er.
Only problem has been one slide motor on the short living area slide which was repaired near the end of the 2year warranty which I know of no other rv line with as good a warranty.May be others but when we were shopping only one .
1960C182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Us out West View Post
You are completly wrong as there is no censorship in the Jayco Owners Forums.

If you have ever been there you would know that.

Shame on you!!
Oh yeah? Then why did I get banned for several days a while back for pointing out how Jayco was cheaping out on various things, even though what I stated was factual.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #8

MY DW and I looked at a Jayco Pinnacle this winter at the RV show in Chicago where we ended up buying a Cedar Creek unit.

Why; I did not like the all electric levelers that Jayco uses; I wanted HYDRAULIC levelers for reliability and easy of use. I did not like the slide motors and the arrangement of the slide retraction device on the slide rooms. The location of the electrical umbilical cord plug in; I seem to remember that the cord plugged into the rear of the camper which sometimes can be an issue when plugging into the shore power station.

We did not like the pleated shades as my DW wanted roller shades similar to the MCD style. I did not like the LEDGESTONE fireplace in the model we saw, it seem cheap. The entry door has a large window opening lets in a lot of heat and light when this door is facing south.

So we ended up buying a Forest River Cedar Creek 34RL which meets our needs.

Jim W,

Tags
jayco