Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2004, 11:42 AM   #1

I wanted to thank you for the responses we got on my Everest post a few weeks ago. We had decided on the Everest, but when we went on the walk through we found a very dirty Everest with slides that didn't work among other problems.

So we declined to buy from that dealer (though we did not have any problems with the Everest brand). Since there was not another Everest dealership that we wanted to go to, we went to another dealership where we were happy from a previous purchase.

We decided on a 2005 Jayco Desginer 31RLS 5th wheel. We think it's beautiful and we got a great deal on it. We're picking it up Friday!!

Anyone else have one here? How do you like yours?

Rhonda in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2004, 11:42 AM   #2

I wanted to thank you for the responses we got on my Everest post a few weeks ago. We had decided on the Everest, but when we went on the walk through we found a very dirty Everest with slides that didn't work among other problems.

So we declined to buy from that dealer (though we did not have any problems with the Everest brand). Since there was not another Everest dealership that we wanted to go to, we went to another dealership where we were happy from a previous purchase.

We decided on a 2005 Jayco Desginer 31RLS 5th wheel. We think it's beautiful and we got a great deal on it. We're picking it up Friday!!

Anyone else have one here? How do you like yours?

Rhonda in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Rhonda,

We've owned two Designers, a 1996 Designer 3030RKSS and a 2000 Designer XL 3610RLTS. Both were good, solid RV's that gave us years of reliable service. We've recently moved on to a new RV, but whoever got our 2000 Designer XL got a darned fine 5th wheel!

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #4

well I dont have a designer, but my wife,kids and myself love our Jay-Flight, have had no real problems with it and enjoy it every time we go out for a weekend. Jayco makes a really good product and have been around for a long time. Good luck with yours
Old 02-24-2005, 12:16 PM   #5

We also have a 2004 Jayco Designer Medalion that we ordered last year and with the exception of some issues we are satisfied with the unit as a whole. I would do a complete walk -thru before you take it off the lot. Ours had a water leak under the kitchen sink, the micro wave door had deep scratches on it and after using the 5th wheel for about a dozen times the kitchen flooring was coming up, the drawers in the kitchen were not adjusted correctly and the main breaker box had lose wires which caused the electical system to malfunction. After taking the unit back to the dealer a number of times I'm hoping that all problems are corrected. Will know in March when we go to Wlimington for a week.
Fortunatley the dealer that we bought from is trying to get the bugs out of the unit, with that being said we like the 5er but we can't say to much for quality coming from the factory!!
Old 03-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #6

I contactd Jayco a few weeks ago...we where looking for a 5th wheel for full time RV'ing..they responded faster than the ink could dry on the letter and said that Jayco would void the warranty if they found out you lived in the unit full time. We dropped Jayco from our list of possible units...Hope you have good luck with yours