Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2016, 06:31 AM   #15

Warren:

The 35 version is their latest one and they haven't updated their website yet. The latest TrailerLife mag has a paragraph on them which also mentions both lengths (pg 46). They are both the same floorplan, just one is 34'7" and the other is 38'11".

Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #16

I would suggest Luxe by Augusta RV. We bought a Luxe from them and they are factory direct which made the purchase so much better. Their quality is definitely above and beyond anything out there - main reason we bought. They also have a line called Ambition that looks great but we went with Luxe. We could not be happier. Good luck either way.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
We had the same question. After learning most trailers are made on the same chassis with the same cheap materials, we were happy to find the Lifestyle. It's is one of the only truly handmade and high quality fifth wheels. Very nice, beautifully engineered with high quality materials and equipment. They are changing in 2016. You have to get a 2016 or earlier to get the handmade frame. We found a few leftovers around the country and dealers are willing to make a deal. We just bought ours and the discounted price was only slightly higher than other "luxury" trailers. We have solid cherry cabinets and stainless steel appliances where the others have have paper walls and plastic sink basins! The other we liked were the Momentum which is better than the typical trailer with real wood and nice details but basically the same as the others. The Lifestyle was the only one that met our quality standard. Too bad they're not making them like that anymore. Do yourself a favor and search RVTrader for Lifestyle.
What other 'luxury' brands did you look at. We have been in a Mobile Suites and Landmark 365. Both great rigs with the Mobile Suites being almost over built for most users. MS is truly a full timers rig and very heavy. Landmark 365 is well built with great floorplans and high end appliances and custom solid wood work. LM seems to be well suited for the more part time full timers, and I believe we will be diving into a LM 365 Charleston.
However, we have not been inside the Lifestyle rigs yet. We're heading to the Oregon Coast on Friday and on the way home, we will stop at a dealer and peek at a few.
GQ
Old 03-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #18

From what I've gathered, the Mobile Suites is the only other handmade brand on the level of Lifestyle, but they're a lot heavier.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #19

Before we purchased our signature FW, I reminded my DW that ALL new RVs have some issues, and some more than others. Our Wildcat has been problematic since day one, and after one year we've thrown in the towel and have a Montana on order. Both are considered middle-of-the-road RVs. If money is no object, we researched DRV and Teton and we believe they are near the top of the FW market in quality. We're not familiar with any others, like the Luxe.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny1763 View Post
Warren:

The 35 version is their latest one and they haven't updated their website yet. The latest TrailerLife mag has a paragraph on them which also mentions both lengths (pg 46). They are both the same floorplan, just one is 34'7" and the other is 38'11".
From the pictures I've seen it looks like the 35' version shrinks the kitchen counter area a couple feet and the bedroom downsizes from king to queen.
PalmCoastBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #21

Just looking for a well built fifth wheel

Lazy Days in Tampa Florida had 2 of them as of last week. We spent several hours in them. We like them a lot. We did manage to get a two page flyer from Lazy Days about them. It shows both the 365RL and the 325RL.

It's 34' 7" long, so about 5' shorter than the 365RL. As above the most notable difference is Queen vs King and much shorter island.

Also no counter to the right of the stove, and the bathroom is a little smaller.

We compared this to the GD Solitude 325RL and like this better.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
From what I've gathered, the Mobile Suites is the only other handmade brand on the level of Lifestyle, but they're a lot heavier.
No actually MS is a mid range luxury unit,there are better.
google :
Spacecraft
then
continental coach

handmade AND custom to your needs.
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone eagle View Post
No actually MS is a mid range luxury unit,there are better.
google :
Spacecraft
then
continental coach

handmade AND custom to your needs.
Also, New Horizon RV.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #24

We were recently in the market for a new 5th wheel, and MS and Luxe were at the top of our list until we saw a Ambition. Similar build to a Luxe except for the wall thickness and weight. Almost all the same amenities/options are available. We bought ours at an RV show so they had a Ambition and Luxe right next to each other. Both were very well built. We could afford and tow any of the trailers mentioned. Just came down to personal preference.

AT the RV show, they actually had removed the basement wall to show how well built both the Luxe and Ambition are. That's what really sold us. If you get really serious about a specific rig, have them remove a basement wall to see the guts!
Old 03-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #25

new horizons , dang I thought I forgot one.
I always wish that when someone posts asking for the best they include what they have for a budget.
"whats the best for around $ 50,000".
If you want to see construction details of these 3,go to youtube and gregg shields site he has video of these units under construction,basement ,walls , etc
hone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #26

I just don't see 50k and best in same sentence, not new at lest. What I have seen and researched in this price range is sad. Now if you will use it on a very limited basics might suffice.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #27

IMHO
Redwood is the best bang for the buck right now in a fulltime unit. The other 2 are Luxe and DRV
Old 03-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #28

Redwood is a step above most but I can't recommend it. I looked hard at it when shopping and chassis turned me off. Not downing it just not in league with DRV, luxe. And I may put too much into chassis but I want no failure in that area.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote