Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #1

Kayaking in WA is Beautiful

Enjoying my stay in beautiful WA. Kitsap Peninsula is AWESOME !!!!!

I have a little basket made with a canopy on the bow of my Kayak for my dog Lola. She is such a good sport. She is always up for a RV adventure and gets all excited when we pack the 5th Wheel for another road trip.

Looking forward to a great summer in WA.

If any of you have never been to the Pacific Northwest put this on your list of places to RV to. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Liberty Bay Town of Poulsbo Kitsap Peninsula WA off the Puget Sound May 26 2012.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	22080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lola in Her Kayak basket complete with Sunshade canape.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	392.7 KB
ID:	22081  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #2

Looks like you're both having fun. I too hope we get a good summer

Old 06-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #3

How do you carry the kayak with your fifth wheel? I have an 18' canoe and i am still trying to decide how I want to set it up.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to my backyard. Enjoy WA.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
How do you carry the kayak with your fifth wheel? I have an 18' canoe and i am still trying to decide how I want to set it up.

Joel
I wrap them in a protective wrap so as not to ding up the inside of the 5th Wheel and Port them inside in the living room. With the slide in, they stack perfectly in the isle between the kitchen counter and the slide.

I am going to however invest into a Kayak carrier for the rear of the 5th wheel. I have seen them advertised and I have seen parties make a retro-fit rack that clamps to the rear of the 5th Wheel. I have to do more investigating, but my hope is to eventually get them out of the 5ver when in tote.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It is beautiful up here and there is soooooo much to do! Glad to see your taking advantage of it all. We love it here.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #7

Great place. I was born and raised about 1 hour from where I live now. We live on the peninula. Where was your picture taken. I couldn't recognize the features in the background. You may also want to visit the Hood Canal, Forks, WA, Hurricane ridge near Port Angeles, and along the coast. I haven't found a spot yet I didn't like and I have spent 50 years exploring the area. Spend about 90% of our time within a 2 hour drive of here.

Enjoy the Summer
Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Great place. I was born and raised about 1 hour from where I live now. We live on the peninsula. Where was your picture taken. I couldn't recognize the features in the background. You may also want to visit the Hood Canal, Forks, WA, Hurricane ridge near Port Angeles, and along the coast. I haven't found a spot yet I didn't like and I have spent 50 years exploring the area. Spend about 90% of our time within a 2 hour drive of here.

Enjoy the Summer
Arnold
That is exactly what I just love about this state. You can do so much just within a two hour drive. The picture in the Kayak was taken on Liberty Bay in the town of Poulsbo. The boardwalk in the background takes you from the Marina to the American Legion Park.

The bay is amazing. Was out Kayaking yesterday and watched Bald Eagle fish right out of the bay... AMAZING. came upon a family of seals on a dock just kicking back enjoying the sun. Otters were having a ball in the bay as well. Yesterday was beautiful. It started out overcast, but ended up a beautiful sunny day. It actually got quite warm on the water Kayaking... Had a great time. The tide was out and when I got back to the corner of the bay that turns to mud flats there were 15 Great Blue Heron's fishing in the shallows... what a sight. I had no idea WA was this beautiful.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohapi View Post
It is beautiful up here and there is soooooo much to do! Glad to see your taking advantage of it all. We love it here.

I CAN SEE WHY! Amazing place
Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #10

Our eldest grand-daughter and her boy friend took a kayak trip out of our neighborhood a few weeks back. They'd rented a 2-place kayak someplace on Whidbey Island and then came to our neighborhood to launch from Tugboat Park, which is alongside the entrance to Skyline marina on Burrows Bay.

They did about 18 miles of paddling over three days, visiting Shaw Island and Burrows Island. It was her first exposure to kayaking and the weather turned nasty the third day. I'm not sure there'll be another trip!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I bet yesterday was another amazing day for you! Its was so beautiful and I was wondering what adventure you were on.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #12

Yes every sunny day we have...even overcast I try to get out on the water here. There are so many water places to go. Port Townsend, Port Gamble... the list is huge. Being here in the 5th Wheel will really give me the opportunity to visit all of WA waterways and I can't wait to to North to British Columbia. I can't wait...
Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
We have 2 - 9' kayaks but haven't gotten our dog on it yet, she prefers the fiver. We carry ours on top of the cab of our Dually with a Thule rack. It works great since we carry our bikes on the rear.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #14

Yeah, we keep the Kayaks under the 5th wheel at the park, but when we go out we just throw them in the back of the Ram 2500.
Over the 4th of July weekend we are going to the Olympic National Forest and camping plus Kayaking on Crescent Lake.
It is really beautiful up there. There are hot springs you can do a 2 mile hike to see, off of Hwy 101 on Olympic Hot Springs Road, but currently it is closed due the Glines Canyon Dam removal. It is a 3 year project to bring all the native Salmon back into the streams that the Glines Canyon Damn blocked for 85 years. They are projecting the return of the 2 mile hike once the road is reopened sometime in 2013. There is an alternative route to the hot springs via the Appleton Pass that is a 14 mile hike with a 2,500 elevation gain. There still could even be some snow now, but I doubt it. That hike reopened in March. So if you are really adventurous and want to wade or soak in the mineral rich bath of the hot springs at a toasty 104 degrees the 14 mile hike may be worth it to you. Or you can just pay $12.00 and go to the Sol Duc Resort and pay to go into their hot pools that come from the very same vein as the hot springs you hike to.
Washington sure has its beauty and mystique allure.