Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Keystone Alpine Owners

How many Alpine owners are on here? What are your opinions of them (Good or Bad). Anything to watch out for?

We take possession of our 3500RE in late May (our first 5er)...WOOHOO!!! Doing a 6 week road trip starting mid July to our lake lot on Huron then continuing on to the East coast ... P.E.I. Will return to the Stampede city via the USA.

Crazy Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Hi, I do not own an Keystone Alpine, but I am a member of this other forum also. You may want to check them out. KeystoneRV.org Forums - Powered by vBulletin

If you are not a member already.
Jim W.

Jim & Jill
Sold: 2010 318SAB Cougar:New: 2016 Cedar Creek 34RL. 2008 Dodge 6.7LCummins the original 6.7L engine, w/68RFE Auto
jimcumminsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #3

Jim we are members there as well...same username. Cheers
Crazy Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Hello to Crazy Canucks, I was just wondering if you are still enjoying your Alpine? Now that you have had it for a while and done some travelling is it still all it was when you purchased your 5'er? I am looking to by a new unit but have some fears of the Keystone.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Albert Einstein
articcolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
I purchased an Alpine 3600RS in February of this year and I have had very few shake down problems. It is much nicer than the Thor Colorado that I replaced. The Keystone customer service was very helpful and were the best that I have dealt with in the 10 years that we had been camping, and the 3 other campers that I bought new! The water controls for winterizing the camper were perfect with water heater bypass and tank bypass valves clearly marked. Keystone took great pains to put in enough lights, and the standard heat pump unit installed as the main AC unit keeps the coach comfortable down to about 30 degrees outside. The Automatic setting on the thermostat allows it to change over to the Gas Furnace when the Heat pump can no longer keep up. There are many features on the Alpine units like the Hydraulic lift legs and the Hydraulic slides that run off of the same pump. Look at the features and see the upgrades that they build in as standard on these unit. Feel free to pm me any questions.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab MAXTOW DRW, 2015 Forest River Dynamax Trilogy 38RL
Kevinc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
We have a 2010 3640 RL and have had no problems that required the dealer othrt than a new table becayse of a crack. Were headed into our 3rd Michigan winter and alls well
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Just bought the new 3495 FL model and love it. Spent a week in it and didn't want to go home. The front living model is just amazing with the full size shower making it comfortable to live in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1022.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	30617  
2012 Alpine 3495FL hooked to a 2008 F450 in Phoenix, AZ

2007 Formula 31pc w/twin 496 BIII
Engine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
I hope you enjoy your new Alpine.. Let me know how things go as you do some travelling with it. It is so crazy with all Tue new u its coming out now and the options just to try and keep up is crazy. Thanks for you input!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Albert Einstein
articcolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
We purchased an Alpine 3600 in July. We have not had time to use it very much, but am looking foward to this next summer when we will pull it from Az. to Me. The bigest challenge I've had with it was getting the TV's hooked up the way I wanted. There was 8 tv wall jacks and only one marked. I have a sat reciever, but with the tv jacks down inside the lift cabinet , it gives you no where to put the sat reciever because you have a lower cab. and an upper cab. The only cab the reciever will fit in is the upper cab.I had to run coax from the lower wall plates up through the wall beside the refer and mount new wall jacks in the upper cab.I was also told by the salesman and the person that did the walk through that the roof was wired for a sat ant. That was not the truth. Anyway, I have it all rewired with a video selector in the cab above the main tv to select between sat, cable and ant. Keystone does have a wiring schematic for the tv wiring that helped a little.

rednight5 is offline   Reply With Quote