Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #1

Keystone Cougar

We have a 2015 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Fifth Wheel. During the first 12 months it was in the shop 100 nights over 14 times for 19 problems. During this time we had other problems but we were traveling and could not spare the time to return to the shop. IE the a/c failed while we were in Yellowstone and we continued our trip until we planned on returning south. We canceled the southern part of our trip to return it to CW.
Our most recent problem was the floor was bubbling up like a basketball in three places. The bottom of the floor was rotted out. CW could not locate any place or reason there would be moisture in the floor. Keystone told CW to pull the slides and peel up the vinyl to find the source of the problem. CW told Keystone if they did as Keystone requested CW would not be able to repair the floor. Well you guessed it, CW could not find any reason the floor would have moisture. CW requested Keystone pick up the unit and return it to the factory. Keystone has not responded. Now it sits in the bone yard at CW. Now everyone has lawyered up and we are waiting on a court date.

CW told me once upon a time rubber roofs would bubble up like the floor. CW said it was because glue has a chemical reaction. They have never seen this type of problem on the floor.

Has anyone had a similar or any problems with Keystone not standing behind their products?
rkbeasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #2

As an avid traveler and camper I wince at your experience. Rest assured as I am narrowing down my 5th RV purchase you made it that much easier.

Thanks for posting and hope justice prevails.
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #3

Very sorry to hear about your problems. So far we have about 4000 miles on our 28SGS and we took it back to CW once for some minor warrenty work. (nothing like your problems) . They had no problem getting Keystone to honor the warrenty, and ship the couple parts we needed. Wish you all the best !
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Has anyone had a similar or any problems with Keystone not standing behind their products?
A few years back we had a slide issue that even a 5 year old would see it was a "build / design" issue. Keystone kept standing behind their statement that " Every RV that leaves our factory is built and designed 100% complete and right "

Even the technician who worked on it at CW, said this was a 100% build issue. I asked why they don't tell Keystone this. They make more per hour charging the customer than they get from doing warranty work. Plain and simple.

So when looking at any new RV's over the last year, I by-pass anything having the Thor / Keystone badge.

When we bought our 2013 tt, it was still under the Dutchman name and warranty department. We had a few minor things taken care of no problem. I did mention something I thought was not right with the slide. The dealer shop manager said it was not a issue because it was with in tolerance. But shortly after it seemed to get worse. When I dug into it myself further after taking off interior access panels I saw how the unit was not built correctly.

But shortly after Dutchman products were now under the Keystone name and their warranty department. No matter what I said the warranty department would not give a hoot. And I was talking to the head of the warranty department. So she says..?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:10 PM   #5

I also have a 2015 model 28SGS. We have had some really minor issues that were quick fixes. The one issue that we had to have the dealership involved was the replacement of the remote control unit for 5er functions. Touch screen was intermittent responsive. All is well, & no other issues.
Thomas J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #6

DW and I bought a Keystone Alpine that now has a few camping trips and 2000 miles. We have had a couple issues with ours but everything has been resolved quickly and efficiently. We've had zero issues with Keystone. Actually reading posts where people say they have warranty issues it's like they are dealing with a different company than I am. I do think the dealer is important and ours has been fantastic.
gnirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:11 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Carolina Campers
No problem with Keystone and I agree with others its more the dealer that you have then Keystone. I also had just a couple minor things that were taken care of. So far very happy with our High Country.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #8

No problem with ours, and our dealer is outstanding as well. I have had three different 5ers over the years all from Thor and have been very pleased. We have also purchased from the same dealer for years.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Cougar Xlite is offline   Reply With Quote