Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #15

We Bought a 2006 cougar 314efs new in fall 2005 and 4 of us lived in it full time for 7 months. the only problem was loose axles after 1000 miles. fixed them myself. We had to sell it last year because of money issues. we really enjoyed it, not top of the line but it worked for us. and wish I could have kept it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #16

We recently purchased a 2013 Montana Mountaineer 358RLT in August 2012 and just love it. We love the floorplan in this Mountaineer better than the one almost the same in the Montana. We had a few things that Dealer took care of such as tv lift broke, Lippert replaced entire lift, chair had a small tear and dealer replaced chair, gasket around outside storage not on properly, Dealer replaced that. You always hear more bad than good if you are an unhappy camper. We owned 3 Sunnybrook Titans, 1996, 1999 and 2004. The earlier models weren't perfect but were superior rvs. We recommended to many people who purchased due to our recommendations. When we got to the 2004, their basic construction quality had deteriorated to the point that we knew of eight newer fifth wheels in our Sunnybrook club, our included, that had severe roof leaks due to horrible construction. We and many others had decals peeling and SB would do nothing about it. Many Montana owners had the peeling problem and according to Montana owners, the decals were replaced by Montana. This is our 10th Rv in 40 years so I sincerely hope we don't have the problems with this new Mountaineer that we had with our last Sunnybrook. If so I will be out of camping in a hurry. Good luck on yours, none if them are perfect.

Carole S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #17

We have a 2012 Cougar High Country and love it. Only one problem was a result of construction (lower rear quarter panel coming off because screws barely caught the edge of the metal sheet. Since Keystone sells more RV trailers than anyone else, you will see more complaints on Keystone than the others.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
We had a Keystone Larado and very pleased with it. Bought it new and had it 11 years and just sold it and moved up to a larger KOTR.

If I had to do it over, the only thing I would have changed with the Larado is get it with the fiberglass cap.

Montana's get high marks IMO. I also think for the price, Jayco's deserve a look. Always look at the service after the sale and how the company and dealership stands behind what they manufacture.

I also think if you are willing to buy used and are patient, you can find some really nice high end units that are at the price point you would pay for newer less quality rigs. For us it is be patient, do your research to spend wisely.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #19

Reading Trailer Life, and the problems reported on certain specific manufacturers, I wonder sometimes if these problems are more widespread and complaints on others don't show up because of better customer service.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #20

Keystone Cougar or Mountaineer

Had a 2007 Mountaineer until we bought our new fiver last and had very few problems, the ones we did have the factory and dealer took care of with no issues, my advice is go for the Mountaineer.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #21

we have a Cougar 327RES and love it. We also love the 333MKS which has an outstanding layout and HUGE shower.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #22

We started carrying Keystone products in 1995 and have been very satisfied with the product and the company. Most problems with any RV are at the Dealer level.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Look at the axles - the Mountaineer has better axles. I believe they are 8 lug and 6000 lb rated.