Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #1

Keystone Everest information

We are looking at a new 2008 Keystone Everest model 305T fiver. We like the floor plan and how it is equipt and suspect that it has not sold because of the economy and the rather dark interior decor, which we like because it is different than any rv we have had. The dealer says that the MSRP is/was $61,000.00 and he is asking $42,000.00ish. Anybody have any experience with Keystone-Keystone fivers-this model Keystone fiver-what do you think of the price?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
rvrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #2

Hi rvrat we own a 2006 314bhs cougar by keystone. had two problems with it right off factory stepped up and fixed the black water tank but the loose axles they blew me off. fixed them myself. we really do like our 5th paid just under 29 thousand when we bought in Sept 05.we like the wood work inside, but the cub-bards were a little shy of shelving added more as needed its mid range in price and quality so i keep that in mind. our next 5th will a Cardinal, heartland ,and we also have been looking at tiffin MH. I really like the allegro bay Red. send me a pm and I will tell you more. hope this helps Greg
empty pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #3

Dicker with them. Offer $31,000 and be serious about it.
We have more than 50K miles on our Everest. It's been very durable. Check out the Everest Owners Club (EOC) and ask the 305T owners how they like them. ( Keystone Everest Owners Club ).

FastEagle
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #4

Remember no matter what, that dark interior will become claustrophobic in the woods on a dark rainy afternoon. They sure look nice in the bright light of day. but at the end of the day will you be happy with it on those dark days?
Left over units are for sale everywhere and personally I would knock the price down more than the dealers asking price. It is afterall already two years old!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #5

Thanks all for the input and the PM's, I have tried to answer the PM's but must be doing something wrong as it looks like I am unable to get the system to work. We have cooled on this fiver based on the input from you kind folks and other reasons, we really don't have to do anything now. We will continue to shop at our leasure for a unit and situation that makes sense to us.
Thanks again, Bob
Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrat View Post
We are looking at a new 2008 Keystone Everest model 305T fiver. We like the floor plan and how it is equipt and suspect that it has not sold because of the economy and the rather dark interior decor, which we like because it is different than any rv we have had. The dealer says that the MSRP is/was $61,000.00 and he is asking $42,000.00ish. Anybody have any experience with Keystone-Keystone fivers-this model Keystone fiver-what do you think of the price?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Bob
Sounds like you may be on to something. However, if this doesn't work out , take a look at Heartland. We just bought a Big Horn and this is our sixth RV, and also the best by far. So far all that I have heard concerning factory backing is it's five star. Not knocking anyone elses product, but for me I'm impressed with Heartland.
scottygl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I was on the market for a new fiver right now I would make sure to stay away from the Everest line. They have been discontinued and it will only be a matter of time before you won't be able to get the graphics and specific pieces parts you might need to keep it looking new.
Kind of like what Keystone did to Cabana trailers and several others.
Challengers are being discontinued as well.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #8

Woodburner, Thanksk for the information, we have cooled on the Everest that we were looking at and will look at others as time passes. I had not heard that Keystone has discontinued the Everest line.
Thanks, Bob
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a thread about it going on the Everest Owners Club forum under "Announcement from Keystone" .

Here.....Everest Owners Club :: View topic - Announcement from Keystone

Kind of a shock to the members as well!
Not only were they deceived at their recent rally; but we were fed a line of baloney from the product MGR. at our Natchez Trace rally in the spring.

They are nice looking coaches; but given the fact they won't be around as of November 1st. I personally would look elsewhere.
I seriously doubt Keystone will stockpile parts for a line that doesn't exist anymore...such as cabinetry, moldings (interior and exterior) and the graphics which over time will fade. JMHO

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #10

Interesting that the web site is promoting 2010 specifcations at this date and I requested a special order quote on Everest and they responded without any mention of no longer available. I ended up going Big Sky so don't know how this would have played out.

Tags
heartland