Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #1

Keystone Forum?

I see Forest River and a number of other manufacture's forums but not Keystone. Are they owned by someone else?

The reason I ask is because I have recently heard (hearsay) that Cougar has a reputation for de-lamination of the front end cap. I do know of one Cougar with a side wall de-lamination issue but can find nothing else about the problem.

I would like to know if all Keystone products have a problem and/or if it is only with a specific year. I like the Cougar models we have looked at but am now gun-shy until I learn more.

BTW we are looking at used.

Anyone else heard of de-lamination problems?
Greytraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not sure about the delam issue, but Keystone has it's own sub-forum under the Thor Industries Owners Forum.

Thor also has Airstream, Crossroads, Dutchman, Heartland and Redwood under it's wing.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #3

I have own a Keystone Cougar since Feb 2010 and have never heard of this issues. The front end cap on most Keystone RV's is similar to other makes where the front is a one piece molded cap similar to the JayCO and others brands.
I am also a member of this Keystone form too.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/index.php

Jim W.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
I have own a Keystone Cougar since Feb 2010 and have never heard of this issues. The front end cap on most Keystone RV's is similar to other makes where the front is a one piece molded cap similar to the JayCO and others brands.
I am also a member of this Keystone form too.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/index.php

Jim W.
X2.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #5

Hi

That problem was peculiar to only 1 or 2 years production and then not to all of the composite parts from the same vendor. Keystone has since change vendors and it seems to have corrected the problem.

Other than that I can only offer my condolences for your unfortunate event of having purchasing a Thor product.

3665RE
Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #6

Keystone Forum

There is also a Keystone Montana forum at Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company. It's a great place to ask and answer questions and get help about the Montana 5th wheel.
cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker View Post
There is also a Keystone Montana forum at Montana Owner's Club Discussion Forum - Powered by ForumCo.com - The Forum Company. It's a great place to ask and answer questions and get help about the Montana 5th wheel.
True, just be very careful what you say about anybody else and don't ever go anywhere near politics. They will either delete your comment or maybe delete you and bar you from posting.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
EH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverbill View Post
True, just be very careful what you say about anybody else and don't ever go anywhere near politics. They will either delete your comment or maybe delete you and bar you from posting.
I have been a member of that forum since 2005 and have never had a problem. Great bunch.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #9

Just purchased a used Arctic Fox so am all set.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Arctic Fox

That's a good choice.

We had a 29' Arctic Fox TT 3 RV's ago. It wasn't the fanciest around but it was mongo well built. The only problems we ever had with it were related to the tires.

There's probably a Nash/Arctic Fox/Desert Fox owners board around too!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #11

Our 1999 Nash was sturdy but the fit and finish could have been better. Over time they have improved and our 2005 Arctic Fox is perfectly acceptable. We have seen fancier but that we don't need. We are after all camping with a dog so there is dirt etc.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooverbill View Post
X2

And they have some people that are supposed to be very educated (4 to 8 years of college) that make down right dangerous statements and recommendations.

3665RE
Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #13

Keystone Forum

You must have had a bad experience. We've been to some of the rallies and on the forum for over 3 years and never had a problem. Unfortunately, your comments have turned me off this website and I won't be back.
cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #14

Didn't say there weren't lots of good folks over there, it's the admin types that drive us crazy. What does what we say about a different forum have to do with this one?

Tags
forum