Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #1

Keystone Laredo issues?

Hello,

I am ready to pop on a 2011 Keystone Laredo 324RL. A lot of nice upgrades as standard and good pricing. Also looked at Cedar Creek and Jayco, but quite a bit more money for many of the same features. I've read Keystone customer service is terrible. Anyone with positive or negative feedback on Laredo? Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fla2RI View Post
Hello,

I am ready to pop on a 2011 Keystone Laredo 324RL. A lot of nice upgrades as standard and good pricing. Also looked at Cedar Creek and Jayco, but quite a bit more money for many of the same features. I've read Keystone customer service is terrible. Anyone with positive or negative feedback on Laredo? Thanks
I cannot answer for the Laredo trailers qualities, since I do not own one. I can answer for Keystone trailers since I own a 318SAB Cougar bought new in 2010.
What most people fail to realize is that Keystone sells the trailers to their dealers. Who then sell them to an end users like me. If I have an issue with the trailer. I should contact the dealer not Keystone, since this is who I purchased the unit from.
I have believe that a dealer will make or break your experience in owning any type of vehicle that you buy.
If you had an issue with your Dodge, Chevy or Ford would you contact the manufacture or would you contact the dealer? This is the same as an RV.

Now with all that being said.

I have had just one minor issue in the warranty period. The dealer resolved this in a timely manner and to my satisfaction.
Would I buy another keystone product? Yes and I would buy from the same dealer again. If he handles the model of keystone product that I would be looking at.
Jim W.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I recently sold a Montana 3400RL and I had no issues with Keystone. They were very helpful the few times I called them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcumminsw View Post
I cannot answer for the Laredo trailers qualities, since I do not own one. I can answer for Keystone trailers since I own a 318SAB Cougar bought new in 2010.
What most people fail to realize is that Keystone sells the trailers to their dealers. Who then sell them to an end users like me. If I have an issue with the trailer. I should contact the dealer not Keystone, since this is who I purchased the unit from.
I have believe that a dealer will make or break your experience in owning any type of vehicle that you buy.
If you had an issue with your Dodge, Chevy or Ford would you contact the manufacture or would you contact the dealer? This is the same as an RV.

Now with all that being said.

I have had just one minor issue in the warranty period. The dealer resolved this in a timely manner and to my satisfaction.
Would I buy another keystone product? Yes and I would buy from the same dealer again. If he handles the model of keystone product that I would be looking at.
Jim W.
That is an oversimplification of the issue. In the RV industry, manufacturers and dealers change all the time. Dealers switch brands quite often, looking for higher profits. And good manufacturers will drop bad dealers to avoid damage to their image. Probably many more reasons.

Last fiver I owned for 7 yrs. Today, even thru these tough economic times, both dealer and manufacturer are still in business, so both must be doing something right. But guess what, that dealer no longer carries the same brand, so why would I take my fiver back to a dealer that no longer has a close relationship with the factory?? And depend only on him for communications with the factory??

The idea that the buyer must work thru the selling dealer is a model that seems to be accepted by many owners with the thinking that RVs are just like cars. I joined the Keystone forum to learn the good and the bad about the products and their business model. I decided to stay with another Thor brand. I can order parts directly from the factory and have them shipped to my house. Last week I sent an email to the warranty dept and had a phone call back within 1 hr.

One more example, on my previous unit I did have a warranty issue while on the road. I was over 1000 miles from the selling dealer and just a few days from being within 50 miles of the factory. It was so wonderful to be able to make a single call directly to the factory and set up an appointment that fit my schedule. It would have been unwise to tow the fiver back to the dealer. Heck, the dealer never even knew about this issue.

Those of you who like dealing only with the dealer, knock yourselfs out. I like having more flexibility.

On edit: If there is an issue with say an appliance that has it's own warranty and owner's manual, I'm not likely to call the RV manufacturer. I may call the dealer, but most likely the appliance manufacturer.
dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote