Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Take a look at this--try to find all 8 parts--you will see that it is an industry-wide problem.
Anything to sell, never any service...

Opinion: The RV industry death spiral – Part 1 | RV Daily Report

Joe
You know had they have said to me right away that it was going to take a couple of months to get everything fixed I would have said ok lets wait until the winter time to do it then. All I was looking for was an honest answer. Not to string me along day to day week to week.
lennyd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
I do not think this will make you feel any better but General RV in Birch Run Mi is no better than Camping World. I have spent all summer trying to get the Montana I bought on 2 June fixed and it looks like it will be the end of September before that is complete.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Took my MH to CW for the Norcold refer "black box install". I had an 8 am appt and had told them I would wait. When I arrived they told me they would call when it was done. I told them no as I am waiting for it and that threw them for a loop. It was finally done about 4 pm.

My wife says "we better check and see if the refer works". Lo and behold, nothing! I ran back inside and they caught the tech before he left for the day. I watched as he opened the refer vent and I asked him, "what are all those unconnected wires"? He hadn't made any of the connections! He told me he got distracted by another job and forgot to finish the wiring. I said "but you signed off that the work was completed?" He just shrugged.

I haven't been back to CW since.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #18

Marcus Lemonis CEO of Camping World and Good Sam has a TV series "The Profit" in which he travels the world helping people fix there failing businesses. Kinda of ironic isn't it? Perhaps he should work on Camping World's business problems first. I have used Camping world a few times in the past for repairs always a problem. The last time they inflated my tires to 110 PSI during their "safety inspection" problem is my 19" Michelin's have a Maximum cold pressure of 95 PSI! They also were supposed to reseal my bathroom vent but ended up resealing my kitchen vent instead!!!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
CW in Kaysville, UT took in my buddy's mh and did nothing to it for three weeks. Nice!
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:54 PM   #20

Anyone that has problems with a specific Camping World store should contact:

Camping World Corporate Office Headquarters ]
650 Three Springs Road
Bowling Green, KY 42104
Phone Number: 1-270-781-2718

The problems you've experienced is a people issue. And it's something we hear too often out of Camping World. Some locations are better than others. Obviously, the service writer has dropped the ball on your repairs, as has the parts department.

Camping World doesn't have to be this way. The corporate culture starts at the top. If I was in upper management and got a letter from someone like you, I'd be chewing some serious tail--and looking to make some changes in branch personnel.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 09:11 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
Anyone that has problems with a specific Camping World store should contact:

Camping World Corporate Office Headquarters ]
650 Three Springs Road
Bowling Green, KY 42104
Phone Number: 1-270-781-2718

The problems you've experienced is a people issue. And it's something we hear too often out of Camping World. Some locations are better than others. Obviously, the service writer has dropped the ball on your repairs, as has the parts department.

Camping World doesn't have to be this way. The corporate culture starts at the top. If I was in upper management and got a letter from someone like you, I'd be chewing some serious tail--and looking to make some changes in branch personnel.
I dont see incentive for Camping World to change as long as they are happy with the bottom line. Surely, with the hundreds of complaints you see on RV forums, Marcus Lemonis has to know of the problems, yet nothing changes.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:43 AM   #22

Just a quick update.

First thank you to everyone for there input on this. I see that I’m not the only one this is happening to.
So after many phone calls to Camping World and Forest River I was told most of the parts arrived yesterday and will be put on today so I can pick it up this weekend. I will still need to return when the window and awning come in but I have been assured by Camping world we can wait and it will be done same day.
So more good news came in when Forest River called me this morning and told me they would make this months payment for my trailer and said that he has been in contact with Camping world to see if they would also pay for a month. He did say he didn’t feel much of a response from Camping world but Forest River stepped up and is making this months payment so I’m happy they took me seriously. They have restored some of my faith in them now to see if Camping world does the same (I’m not holding my breathe)
lennyd96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #23

If I have an issue with any retailer, they have lost my business!
Old 09-15-2016, 12:24 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
As long as we're listing dealers that we no longer visit, I'll add Safford RV in Thornburg VA to the list.

They fixed 4 of 14 items on a list in the 4 months they had it. They said the other items were on order and they'd call me when those parts came in. I haven't paid the deductible on the items they did fix, they haven't called about parts that are in. It's been a year.
mriderLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
CW in Kaysville, UT took in my buddy's mh and did nothing to it for three weeks. Nice!
Same outfit has had our Cougar since 8-10. When we took it in we had a fairly long list of issues since we were on the road for about 6 weeks and over 6k miles. Service writer was very good to take everything down. We advised them that we didn't need the trailer back for Labor Day but did have plans for trips in September. No real word back a week after Labor Day so we called them. "Still waiting for Keystone's authorization for the requested work." So we contacted Keystone on three different levels. Customer Service, Owner Relations and the Keystone rep for our area. All three got back to us promptly. Also contacted the GM at CW and were assured he would follow up which he did.
And "miraculously" the parts were shipped and received and scheduled by CW.
At this moment, we are waiting to get a completion/pick up date.
YES it does pay to escalate. Squeaky wheels do get greased. The next adventure will be when we pick up our Cougar and verify everything was completed correctly.
As for those who would rather not go through the hassle of the PIA warranty process, I say to each his own. Personally, I paid for a warranty and no matter how clumsy either the dealer or the manufacturer make it, I plan to get what I paid for. We'll post when we pick up the camper and let the forum know the outcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4669.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	139052  
5D Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
You know Good Sam/Camping World have their own rv forum where you can post your problems. They have a group that will contact you and "hopefully" help you out. The forum is a competitor so not able to provide the address. PM me and I'll give it to you.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
You know Good Sam/Camping World have their own rv forum where you can post your problems. They have a group that will contact you and "hopefully" help you out. The forum is a competitor so not able to provide the address. PM me and I'll give it to you.

Ron
Thanks Ron, happy to receive the information. Will PM shortly. Hoping this all works out but good to have the back up plan just in case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3371.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	139066  
5D Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Don't be afraid of paragraphs; they are friendly.

See if you can find the owner of the store, write a letter and follow up with a call.

Find the head of CampingWorld, send them a letter and follow up with a phone call.

Do both at the same time. Going to the top some times helps.
...and don't ever go to Camping World again!
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping