Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #1

King Dome Satellite problems

We just bought a 30' fifth wheel. It has a King Dome Satellite on top and we bought a TV and used our extra direct tv receiver from our room and it worked great. we took the rv down town and brought it back to the same spot in the driveway and tried turning the tv on and satellite didn't work. we have checked all the cables and power. Any ideas??
Thanks Laurie

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is it automatic?, Did it research for the satellite? Does it have a little black box with a rocker switch on it? Depress and hold for about 3 seconds and you should here it start searching. Sometimes the Direct box has to be reset as well.
I use Direct inmy coach and it works well but sometimes it takes a while until it finds the satellite.

RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I also have a King Dome Satellite in my MS 36'. Does any body have the wiring diagrams for them. I bought my RV used in 2008 and never tried it. I hear the motor
turning the satellite in the dome but it never stops. Any help out there.

John Landry

2002 F350 4/4 7.3
2004 36TK3 mobile suite with no manuals in it, 1st owner misplaced them
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #4

Likely a bad board, Kingdom will sell you a new one, and MAYBE it will work. I have had 2 kingdomes, really disappointed in both of them. Called the factory and they tried to help trouble shoot, eventually decided I had a bad board, got a new one, it was bad also, they sent another and it worked for a while but never good. Maybe it was just me but I never could get a kingdome to work consistently like it should. They were both supposed to be automatic but would only work sporadically. Got a Winegard Traveler 1000 and it was absolutely great. Traded coaches and now have a Winegard in motion automatic, It is not nearly as good as the traveler but is adequate EXCEPT it does not get the 129 satellite where most of dish networks HD programming resides. Dont think I will ever be happy until I go back to the traveler 1000. all just my experience and opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My King Dome works great, sometimes it does take awhile for it to zero in but it does it. Depending on where I'm at I also have to realign it for the area I'm in.
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #6

Check the voltage out of the power supply, I think it should be a little over 12V. If it is low the dish will not work properly.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #7

Did you turn the King Dome power switch off before you moved your RV? If you left it on (with power on in the trailer) the antennae will continue to rotate when the trailer is moving. If this occurs it may not be pointed in the same direction when you return to your parking spot.

I always turn off the satellite power switch whenever parked and after acquiring a satellite so that I don't forget it when I get under way.

Tags
satellite