Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourijan View Post
we mostly use it to keep DH from running into it and needing stitches, which he has done.

I can relate to that pain as well as the stars seen and the sticky red stuff that leaks out .... but I still wont have one
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #16

Common sense will tell you it can onle stabilize one end of the 5er. Once the pin stabilizer does its job of eliminating side to side sway, another stabilizer product most likely will be needed to eliminate side to side sway at the rear. My BAL stabilizers do a great job for the rear. Now all thats left is fore and aft motion which my adjustable chocks takes care off.

Or use a product simular to JT's Strong Arm stabilizing system.

My 5er is rock solid which a medical condition requires. What other may do is up to them.
JIMNLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #17

Its effectiveness, IMHO, appears to be directly related to the size of the occupants.

'01 34'Carri-Lite, 5ver
h2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #18

We use ours all the time when camping. The have to be on a solid surface just like the front and rear stabilizers.The trick to them all working properly is to make sure they are tight.
woody! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #19

I think it helps. I got it as tight as I ccould manually, then hit the "nose down" button just a touch to put more pressure on it.
hooverbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2guy View Post
Its effectiveness, IMHO, appears to be directly related to the size of the occupants.
I have to respectively disagree with your statement. Neither my DH or myself are overweight. We also have an upper end 5th wheel but the interior movement continued to plague us. Until we started using our permanently mounted stabilizers we were NOT happy campers. The last 5+ years have been wonderful with the elimination of interior movement. Hugs, Di
2015 1 ton auto single cab 2 wheel drive 3500 Ram Dually. Western Pearl Brown, 410 Aisin Trans, Pace Eds roll top cover. 1996/2015 3axle Carriage, BF Auto Level, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Diana Irrgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #21

I just ignore lame comments like that. My wife is a fitness nut and in great shape. I'm an ex-fitness nut as I'm a bit disabled now, but weigh 10 pounds more than I did in high school in 1985.

I was MVP in 3 sports.

So there is no merit to stupid comments, but I tend to think even saying so will encourage them to multiply.
Its Paid For is offline   Reply With Quote