Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #1

Ladder holders

See folks with a 10' ladder attached to the fiver ladder. Camping world does not carry any sort of clamps or device to mount with. Where does one find the brackets ? Do you just fabricate something out of Lowe's ?

Need for inspecting tops of slides before retracting.

Ray
rrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #2

I just used 4 rubber snubbers (bungies would work too) and strapped it to the ladder, my 6 ft ladder rode fine. Now I just carry a starter ladder and go up on the roof to sweep off the slide roofs.

Several RV supply stores carry hangers that you can put on the ladder to carry things such as ladders, chairs, bikes. etc.

Hope this helps

Steve
57 Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Most people use this, Over-the-Ladder Chair and Bike Rack - Camco RV 51490 - Racks & Holders - Camping World along with bungie cords.
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #4

Thanks. My owner's manual suggest not walking on roof. Apparently 3/8 ply and my weight causes it to flex, so I stay off. A 10' will allow me to reach the tv ant and vent caps plus check slides
ray
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian View Post
cool. Can mount a ladder AND bike on that !
Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
That rack at CW looks like a good solution. I use bungies to hold my 6-footer to the rear ladder, because I want a tight, rattle-proof fit; no problems
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #7

I carry a Cosco 13' articulating ladder in the basement of our 5er for inspecting the roof. I found the lowest price at Wally World. It doesn't take much weight bouncing on the ladder to loosen the sheet metal screws holding the ladder onto the wall.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I carry a Cosco 13' articulating ladder in the basement of our 5er for inspecting the roof. I found the lowest price at Wally World. It doesn't take much weight bouncing on the ladder to loosen the sheet metal screws holding the ladder onto the wall.
Good point.
Ray
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
It doesn't take much weight bouncing on the ladder to loosen the sheet metal screws holding the ladder onto the wall.
Exactly!!! The ladders are made for a static load not a dynamic one bouncing down the road.
I haven't seen a ladder laying on the road but I did see a bike carrier with two bikes strapped securely to it. Looked like a bumper mount had broken.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Camping world does carry a carrier It can carry a bicycle, chairs or a ladder.

Over-the-Ladder Chair and Bike Rack - Camco RV 51490 - Racks & Holders - Camping World

I use one to carry a lawn and garden wagon (little green wagon) my wife pulls with her mobility scooter to take laundry to the laundry in campagrounds.