Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #1

Landing jacks

I have a older Teton and am wanting to replace the electric landing jacks as we are doing other remodeling. It is a 40' and the tag says the pin weight is 6000.. I don't think that is really exact? Although does that mean I need 2 3000 lb jacks or 2 6000 lb jacks? And who has the best ones? Mine are older electric style independent switch . I also want to replace the rear ones that are screw manual style. What is the better without going broke on jacks?
Thanks, Jon
jonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #2

Venture is most common, and I would go with those. Just go with the jacks that are on it right now. They've worked this long, right?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #3

If yours is like mine they are very slow. Have you considered the BigFoot system.
2003 Teton Grand Freedom. 2006 Freightliner Century 120 with Detroit 14L and Ultrashift.2016 Smartcar carry on deck. Full time going from job to job. Building and maintaining plants across the USA. Sold 2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
glennwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #4

The current jacks came with it and they look a bit rigged if I must say in there. The right side is or has broken the barker motor and looks as if it is going to collapse.
The left side looks new with the old motor. Problem being I cannot see a load or model # on it to know if it is a correct application. But since I kinda got ripped on this camper and we have just gutted it and tore the siding off I was wondering what goes on the jacks? Do 2 3500lb make up the same as a pin weight of 6000lb?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

Two 3500lb jacks will make 7000lbs lifting capacity, and will cover your pin weight.
What is the GVWR of the trailer?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #6

16000 lbs and it calls for 4500 pin weight. Although fulltime living brings it or close to 20,000 total. My father has the same unit and we weighed it.

Tags
jacks