Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2016, 07:11 PM   #1

Lazy Days, PDI and Montana 3711FL

Went to Lazy Days Tampa today to pick up the new 2016 Montana 3711FL. LD had no issues with us doing an extensive PDI; took nearly three hours. Ended up with a list of 13 issues, two of which were serious (plumbing leak in the underbelly and separated caulking on the roof at each end). The other items were small stuff. LD didn't push us to sign for the unit and they're going to repair it in the next two days, at which time we'll be on our merry way. So, a little disappointed they didn't catch most of the problems themselves, but overall a good experience
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #2
mre

We ordered late last year and picked-up a new MH the end of Feb. The buying experience was a good one, great price. I found it strange that when our MH arrive and we picked it up, the salesman was pretty much out of the delivery process and never really thanked us for buying from him. It was almost like we were an annoyance.

Now that we are in post delivery, service is a polar opposite experience. I have heard it said that if you are looking for a great price, but don't care about service, Lazy Days is the place to go. We saw some of this while in the waiting room to have our punch list items fixed. Many, many frustrated customers. They were quick to take our money for some post purchase accessories. Now that one has proved to be incorrectly installed, they don't want to return my calls.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:44 AM   #3

Welcome to the world of Lazy Days, lots of inventory, good pricing, terrible service after the sale.

I had the same experience, great sales person and PDI / Delivery experience.
Awful service after the sale, long wait times, difficult to even get scheduled (service appointments are scheduled months out) actual service repairs done poorly, have to return to get repairs done right.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #4

Guess I was one of the lucky ones. Ordered my Montana 3610RL 5er from Lazy Days at the 2014 Tampa show. Had a great delivery experience. Yes, things had to be fixed, but were done in a very timely manner while staying in their campground. Also had to bring the 5er back for some other issues. Had to wait a bit to get it in, but once there, again things were fixed quickly. A little hard to sleep in their bay area at night due to all the lights being on, but it was tolerable.
AND THEY FED US, TOO.
rich218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #5

Sounds like the same operation as McGeorge's RV in Ashland Virginia. Thier sales team were great, the pdi went good but then we got to the service department that is their weak link in the chain. When we signed the papers to buy it I told them about 2 of the tires having broken or twisted belts and they told me they would be checked for state inspection. They were checked and because the tread depth passed so did the tires. When questioned about them I was told they would be happy to have them changed if I bought new ones. I had made prior arrangement to have my trail air pinbox changed from my old trailer to the new one, no problem to do it for $125.00 and I agreed. After 3 1/2 hours they told me it wouldn't fit but the have new ones to fit for $1100.00. I said no thank you and do I get my $125.00 returned? "No you don't because we attempted to change it" was the answer I got. An hour or so later we were finally hooking up to leave. A costly and time consuming lesson learned. On a bright note their customer lounge is very nice!
BHewittjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:03 AM   #6

Want great service for a 5th wheel, then Kansas RV Center, Chanute, KS is the place. Used to be the manufacturer of HitchHiker 5th wheels . They no longer manufacture 5th wheels but kept their service center open. Inform them of your issues, make an appointment, and show up on the appointed date and time. There have a team assigned to your unit and if the repairs take more than one day, they try to give your unit back for the night and you can stay at the city campground 2 blocks away and it is free for the first two nights. If we have issues we cannot repair ourselves, we go there.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana