Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Leaking Bunkhouse

Hi folks I need a little help. I have a 2008 Cedar Creek Silverback 35L4QB. Whenever it rains the carpet in the right rear slide gets wet. The roof of both the trailer and the slide has been checked and rechecked. The rubber seals around the slide seem to be fine and there are no water stains anywhere. The only thing that gets wet is the carpet and of course the floor beneath. Been searching like crazy and have come up with nothing. Any theories or ideas would be appreciated. We're heading to Mt. Rushmore in a couple of weeks and would love to have this squared away before we hit the road.

Vinny & Rita

The Bronx, New York
vinpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner

Is there a window near where it gets wet? If so make sure it is not leaking. Water leaks can be interesting to troubleshoot. The actual leak could be a couple feet away and the water migrates thru the walls/roof and exits in another spot. Make sure you expand your search of the roof area. Also check the "roof" of the slide where the side walls meet. Clean and then caulk any suspected spots.

Enjoy Mt. Rushmore. it is great.

John, Joyce & Libby the Yellow Lab. - Fulltime since `08

2005 Kountry Star FW-35LKSA by Newmar
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
There is a window nearby but it's been checked pretty thoroughly. However, since I can't find anything else I'll check it again. Thanks for the reply, can't wait to hit the road.
Vinny & Rita

The Bronx, New York
vinpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You might want to check the tape seal on the slide roof where the wall meets the roof. It has been a problem on a number of Keystone products (Everest); just may be the same for yours.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
If your electrical plug in is at this location I would definately check it out. I had water coming in mine and only seeing water on the carpet because my kitchen is at the back and I eneded up lifting the carpet in that area to dry it and finding mould. When I went to remove the carpet my knife when through the sub floor which le to removing the kitchen cabnets which housed the electrical panel so I could replace the subfloor in that area.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Don't waste your time, go to a Camping World service location.

They have a leak detection device which will locate where the water is getting in and then can be repaired and rechecked!

Worked for me after my dealer could never correct my leak problem!

tiger63 is offline   Reply With Quote