Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > 5th Wheel Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwwicks View Post
If interested I'll check with her to see where she found them but if I had to guess it was Amazon.
I would be interested in knowing. We’re dealing with those “wall stains” right now.
TRNewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 06:10 AM   #16

[QUOTE=charliez;4527918]My new TT has all led lights in it and they are bright. Made me think hmm, shoulda put led's in the old one. But I gotta ask, why are you messing with difficult bulbs trying to work them into the old fixtures? It's probably easier to replace the whole thing.
Just one example, they're all over Amazon
/QUOTE]

Good idea. At $10/fixture + bulb that is reasonable. Then I started reading the specs. They produce only 550 Lumen per fixture. What is that, a 40w or 60w incandescent bulb? For a little less I can buy bulbs from SUPERbright that will produce 1020 lumen per fixture. Also the inserted ends of the SUPERbright bulbs are shaped slightly different. They don't appear to have the center bump of the inexpensive bulbs I bought. I don't see what purpose the bumps serve except maybe they are for a different socket? Thanks for the idea.
frizfreleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:13 AM   #17

Op must have purchased a lower Luman bulb compared to the old incadesants that were replaced.

Watt for Watt LED bs Incadesent is the same. Usually u get more Lumans per Watt in an LED.
Wild Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNewsom View Post
I would be interested in knowing. We’re dealing with those “wall stains” right now.
She got them from etrailer. She got the single switch, dual element fixtures. Not sure if the same style is also single element since we have a few of those, old LED, in the trailer.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #19

I purchased a bag of leds from amazon, paddle type, to replace out overheads. They are a lot brighter than the 921’s they replaced. They were a bugger to get in the socket as the base was a tad wider than the incandescents they replaced.
The one in the range hood causes some static on the radio nearby, which no big deal cause I rarely use it. They cause no tv interference.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrktfsh View Post
I purchased a bag of leds from amazon, paddle type, to replace out overheads. They are a lot brighter than the 921’s they replaced. They were a bugger to get in the socket as the base was a tad wider than the incandescents they replaced.
The one in the range hood causes some static on the radio nearby, which no big deal cause I rarely use it. They cause no tv interference.

I am coming to the conclusion that they are a "bugger to get in" is because they are the wrong bulb for the socket. There is no reason the wedge base should have a bump/ridge in the center for the fixtures I have and seemingly others. Today I was at a store in Gainesville. They had bulbs buy a company, Next Wave without the bump/hump/ridge. Problem is they wanted $19.95 each and the were only 200 lumen. I'll continue to search.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrktfsh View Post
The same paddle type in mine did cause tv interference with the ceiling lights on, so I just turn them off.
I am hesitant to buy the led fixtures, since they do might do the same thing.
Garyp4951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp4951 View Post
The same paddle type in mine did cause tv interference with the ceiling lights on, so I just turn them off.
The Crusader had incandescent bulbs as stock. The PO replaced most of them with the LED and 921 base paddle style and there wasn't any TV or radio interference. With the new fixtures there also is no interference and because of the lens difference, NO yellow streaks. Probably put in 15 of them.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp4951 View Post

Also interfere with Marine VHF and maybe CB (anyone still use CB?). I am assuming we are talking 12v.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had very good luck with e-bay LEDs.. Get 40 - 60 SMDs will be as bright as the corresponding incandescent. I also like warm white. its about the same color as incandescent.

LED Conversion – 1999 Southwind 35S

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #25

Nice paint job on the Southwind, and thanks for the link.
Garyp4951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, led